So, on the way home from Rochel's house last night at around 6pm, "words were spoken" that Little Miss immediately regretted. If I tell you that it was BEFORE dinner, and you've ever eaten a meal with us, you are well aware that it had to do with someone not liking what was for dinner. Constant battle. And Ryan and I have completely NO patience for this. Not after 7 years of it. We used to have a sign posted in our kitchen that said, "Anyone who complains about dinner, gets (plain) bread!!!" had to add in the "plain" after they got all excited about getting bread and butter! Had to erase the sign after Grammy complained about the sign... what do you have to eat for complaining about the sign? Hmmmm, have to work on that one. BACK TO THE STORY.... so when we finally get to sit down and eat dinner, Carly comes downstairs with this letter for me. Much appreciated.
Well, there's more... much more. Today, I decide to clean her room up a little bit (complete disaster area!) mostly because I wanted to make her bed, which contained about 45 books, 6 beanie babies, 4 webkins, markers, dirty socks, school uniforms, water bottle, portable dvd player, and I think perhaps Elfie. How does she sleep like this?!?! Ah, and there it was. Rough Draft. SCORE!! I will have to type it out for you, it was in pencil, and didn't photograph:
"I just wasn't ready to tell you yet that's y I said NO!!! (bubble letters) P.S. I met to say I am not ready yet. Please forgive me. Love, your doter CAROLINE (more bubble letters)"
and this one, in sharpie: (turn your head to the left)
Good thing she signed her middle and last names, I would HATE to confuse her with that other kid.
My other favorite part of this scenario would be when I told her and Ben that since they insist on complaining about dinner so much, they can just make their OWN dinner from now on! (stellar parenting moment)... and she burst into tears!... then said, "The only thing I know how to make is macaroni and cheese and I'm going to get really tired of that!!!"
I've decided it's well worth it to clean Carly's room once in a while:)
5 comments:
You have just beat me for funniest post. Ever. No really ... ever. It made me laugh until I had tears. I will be taking back her Christmas gift to get her the Betty Crocker Kid's Cookbook.
You made our day! Thank you... makes up for that unruly gang we had in the garden today that thought they could absolutely take over... not gonna tell you where they were from but I have taken the words viva la france out of my vocabulary! love ya, dad
does the betty crocker cookbook have a macaroni and cheese recipe in it? just wondering...
Uncle Steve will teach you how to cook! Especially the things that I like to eat!
It does! With several variations ... with broccoli, ham, extra cheese. Maybe she won't get sick of it after all!
Post a Comment