Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Great Delight in the New Blog Header


So, new blog header.  There are many reasons why I love this one, even though it was a long time in coming... seems like they ALL are!

1. Basic Reason - blogger changed their design templates.  In doing so, my headers shifted over to the left side only.  I tried for a very long time to figure out how to remedy it, and FINALLY discovered (completely on accident, mind you) that if I crop the photo in Picnik using "Golden Ratio", then they fit perfectly.  SO HAPPY.  I know, (insert eye roll), it doesn't take much to make my day.  But I am happy to have "fixed" it, because sadly, I am one of those people who feels all off when something isn't where I think it should be.  And I wonder where Ben gets it from.

2.  WAY BACK IN MAY I was reminded of the verse.  I was looking up verses with "Quiet" in them and really loved this one.  I just kept thinking about what a sweet blessing it was to quote to my kids.  It contains so many of the "Elements" of God  that I want them to "get":

God is with you!
He is mighty to save!
He takes great delight in you!
His love will give you peace!
He rejoices over you!

The part that I can't stop thinking about FOR ME is "He will quiet you with his love".  I NEED that more than I care to admit.  Our lives are so CRAZY busy, and I need to know that there is someone who is offering quiet, calmness, stillness... peace.  Love that.

3.  So, this summer, while on vacation... Ben slipped and injured his hand.  I'm not sure if this is the right venue to pass on that he was TOLD by his loving father (Ryan, not God) to NOT run on the grass in just socks... WEAR SHOES.  Of course, he chose to go shoeless, slipped and hurt himself.  About 30 minutes later, he was still sitting on the grass, socks thrown as far away from him as he could get them.  (That could be my favorite part).  It was, of course, all the socks fault he slipped.  Anyways, his hand was starting to swell, so we gave him ice and decided to wait it out to see if it would get better. 

Of course, the next morning, it was still swollen and he was really complaining about it.  Ben doesn't complain about much, so I was slightly concerned and figured we better get it checked out.  Laurie was kind enough to accompany us to the nearest Urgent Care Center, where we got GREAT CARE, and Ben had (fortunately) only sprained his hand.  He got a fancy ACE wrap, which he had to wear for 5 days.  5 of the longest days of my life, and his life.  I have included myself in there since I am the one who had to listen to "Whenareyougoingtotakemycastoff?  Whenareyougoingtotakemycastoff?  Whenareyougoingtotakemycastoff?" (Ryan tuned him out, and Carly had her ipod on!) Got to love a kid with Asperger's Syndrome who can't even tolerate a BANDAID, let alone an ace bandage that is now impeding his video game hand.  I was pretty thankful it WASN'T actually a cast.  That would have been WAY worse.


Ok, so the reason this has ANYTHING to do with the header...  Kristin was kind enough to take Carly to church with her while we were taking Ben to the doctor.  (Thank you, KRISTIN!!) Once they got back, Kristin told me that Carly was doing sign language to one of the songs they sang:

Savior,
He can move the mountains,
My God is mighty to save
He is mighty to save
Forever
Author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered he grave
And it just made me think of this verse all over again!  Later that afternoon, my Uncle and Aunt came over to visit with us again, and Carly sang this song for Aunt Syl, with Laurie.  I was behind the camera (discretely)crying my eyes out because it was so sweet, and so much reminded me of MYSELF at her age, singing songs in my Grammy's room.  Now, my Aunt Syl is not a fan of getting photographed, so I have altered this photo for her sake... it was too sweet a memory for me not to post the picture.  Plus, I think the picture looks cool in silhouette. 

Signing the song...


4.  I love this picture because it is from our fantastic vacation!  Just looking at it reminds me of GREAT memories!  It is in Acadia National Park, Jordan Pond... and those are the Bubble Mountains.  It was such a relaxing, beautiful time.  I love getting to be with my sister.  I love being surrounded by nature, it really does shift my focus back where it needs to be!  I love vacation with the kids... especially when it involves their cousins!  They are COUSIN people, that's for sure!  I can understand that!

And because I found ONE MORE cool feature on Picnik I feel compelled to share... the Before and After frames you can add to your picture!!!  I thought this was so cool.  And you can see what the original picture looked like before I got crazy with it!


1 comment:

Mother of three said...

always love your posts!!! very entertaining....