Saturday, February 12, 2011
Fabulous February 12th
Well, he's 12. It is so very hard to believe, and certainly 12 years ago at 9:24pm when he was first handed over to me, it was hard to fathom 12. We've been blessed.
We celebrated Ben's Birthday the way he wanted... in Orlando, going to the Lego Store at Downtown Disney, eating Where he wanted, and Going Where he wanted. Such Power for a 12 year old! Our first stop was the Lego Store... we got a little nervous as there were enormous barriers all around it, but fortunately, there was a tent close by where you could still purchase items (only Disney would make sure you can STILL spend money!). Please excuse the odd yellow glow on the boys... the tent was YELLOW. We found some GREAT sales, so he was able to purchase many items.
Next, we walked around Downtown Disney and took a few photos... watched a Show Choir from NY perform... went in a few shops. Made Ben get his picture taken with Cinderella. When he was about 2, he LOVED this statue. I mean, REALLY LOVED it, but as you can see here, he is OVER his Cinderella Fascination. For now.
And a picture with Buzz, outside the Once Upon a Toy Store...
And you can see why I made them take this above photo... here they are in 2004!!
also, 2004...
Ben's pick for dinner, Planet Hollywood. Because Ryan took him there for his 6th Birthday, after they had spent the day at Disney Quest. He remebered it was his 6th, not us.
Afterwards, Ryan treated us all to Birthday Desserts at Mama's Favorite Candy Store... My parents will appreciate the humor.
Checked into our hotel, where we sprung for the Kids Suite, which was REALLY smart of Ryan and I since the kids stayed in JAIL the WHOLE evening.
The next morning, we started a VERY fun day at the Magic Kingdom, Ben's Choice. We took away his Where We Go Power when he started telling us his plan to attack the park: Space Mountain, ThunderMountain, Speedway Race Cars, Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Pirates of the Caribbean... now I don't mind all those rides, but if you have ever been to the MK, you know this Plan of Attack has you criss crossing all over the park! We helped him get better organized...
We DID have to stop by to see Ben and Tracy's Birthday Buddy, Abe Lincoln at the Hall of Presidents. The Boys yelled out "Happy Birthday!!!" when they called Abe's name... hilarious. They did the same thing last year:)
This picture is for my parents:
In line at Thunder Mountain... the adoring Little Sister.
I'm never going on Splash Mountain again. That's what I said 3 months ago. And I stuck by it. No matter how much Carly begged. It's her fault I'm never going again, anyways. THEY had fun without me. I'm ok with that.
I DID, however, brave Space Mountain. It is scary. It made me laugh. And cry. Mostly because I had good memories while riding it of when my sisters made me ride it (and I cried), and the times I rode it with my BFF, Sue, and we laughed and laughed... ANYWAYS, I took this picture, well, you-know-where, and immediately screamed, "CAROLINE!!! Put your hands down! Don't you know the tracks are really really close together and you will get your hands cut off if you put them up?!?!?!??!" oh yes I did.
So, another Fabulous February 12th. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Sweetest Boy, and to my Sweet Sister! and Honest Abe... and while I'm at it, Pa Bridge!!! What a GREAT day to be born!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I'm sure Pa would thank you for the shout out! Love you tons and your kids are too gorgeous.
Post a Comment