As an Advent Surprise, we took the kids to Busch Gardens to Christmas Town, which is the parks big Christmas event. We haven't been to BG since we went with Roy and Mavis back in 2010 (well, I think the kids and Ryan went on a Roller Coaster Run a couple of times after that, but it's been a while...) It was open from 6pm-11pm and we dragged Rodney along with us.
Our big reason for going was to hear Jacob Warren sing with the group CAST. They had a really great performance and we had fun hanging out with the Warren's while they were singing.
Jacob had a solo part with this cute little girl.
Sweet Leah sang "O Holy Night" and was just amazing! I love this girl, she is super kind and was one of the junior counselors at CKC this past summer. She's a great role model for Carly and of course, she and Carly adore each other. Really beautiful voice.
And Zoe Pearson sang a solo, "All is Well" and for real, I started crying! We've known this kid since she was born and have certainly worked with her on many Christmas shows for church, and I just felt really, really proud of her up there on that big stage! She did a great job, too!
After the performance, we tooled around the park on our own... of course these 3 can't go anywhere without become a Statue. I guess I would be really disappointed if that ever changed.
They rode the roller coasters that were open, multiple times... I enjoyed the lights, the park was really beautiful all lit up!! It was a VERY HOT night (gotta love FLORIDA!), so it was a little weird to be wandering around "snow" and Christmas decorations in the heat.
The Ice Show was really pretty impressive. We had a lot of fun... remembering our "Old Days" at BG and how we used to go after work Before Kids and just ride a couple of Roller Coasters then go home. We are pretty spoiled living where we live!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment