Another school year off to a decent start. Happy to report that these two have headed back to school... 7th grade and 4th grade, respectively.
Also happy to report that 7th grade seems to be a much smoother transition than 6th grade was for Ben! Apparently, our boy grew up a little bit over the summer... and I will be honest, I just might miss that Middle School Anxiety I had all last year. Who am I kidding, I'm sure it will be back in full swing. In about 2 years. ANYWAYS, the kids are settling into their new routines, and Carly has even signed up to be a Student Ambassador for her school. This means that (well, if she's accepted, I guess) she would accompany teachers when they go around the county talking about the Magnet Program and the specialty schools and she will talk it up too, and hopefully recruit new students to come their way. Pretty sure she will do just fine talking in front of complete strangers.
So, the Car Rider Line is in full swing, too... of course, Carly just bums a ride from Ryan, but Ben gets picked up each day. I share carpooling responsibilities with 2 other teachers from Ryan's school, and we drop everyone off back at the Elementary School. Pretty thankful for this arrangement, and Ben's Most Thankful not to have to ride the Very Hot Bus with an hour wait at the Magnet Change Station. Anyways... While I wait, I play with my phone. Mostly I look at pictures on Pinterest. Shout Out to my sister, Tracy, for introducing me to Pinterest. It is, essentially, an online Bulletin Board where you can "pin" any idea you find online and saves it with a handy photo and the link so you can find it again... Found a cool recipe you want to try? Pin it. Get the idea? Well, a few months ago I started finding recipes I wanted ROCHEL to make for me, so I pinned them and make little notes for her. Sadly, I forgot to tell her to look at my board, so THIS IS YOUR OFFICIAL INVITATION, ROCHEL. I emailed you one, as well. I also sent one to Randee with photo's I saved for her. You know, in case she needs help with her photo business. Which she doesn't. Blah, blah, blah... it's more interesting than Angry Birds, which my sister ALSO made me get. And I have to say, who wants to play with Suicidal Birds? (Tracy, I'm on Level 2-10... Ryan LOVES seeing me play video games, and the kids think I might have broken something else in the accident).
Anyways, here's a snapshot of Pinterest, because it's fun... www.pinterest.com if anyone is interested... or I'm happy to send anyone an invite, as my sister said it might be easier to "Get In" if you are invited.
And a funny quote I found that about says it all...
And on to more important things: 2011 Swim Banquet.
This year I made a couple of composition books to be raffled off, and I think they turned out pretty fun... Love that Cricut. And the kids got trophies:
And the ever popular Coach Chris... he's been working hard with Ben and Carly for 4 years now.
Quick team picture... I hit some weird setting on my camera so these have an odd finish to them...
And in case you were thinking that Ben needed a haircut... he got one today:) He was mostly horrified that it wasn't Aunt Randee, but I guess he survived. I tried not to crack up when she started telling him how to style it every morning. As if that will EVER happen!
One last thing to show Ben is growing up... his first night at Youth Group tonight! And he was having fun hanging out with the kids when I came to pick him up and said several times that he really enjoyed himself. I tried not to think about him being at YOUTH GROUP (you know, while I was out having coffee with my friends while he was there) but we are really thankful for such a great youth program at our church that he is able to be a part of.





No comments:
Post a Comment