Isn't she cute?
But you know who's REALLY cute? The guy who bought me this:
Thanks Ryan:) You are so sweet, and I don't even mind that you only bought it for me so you didn't have to share my ipod touch with me anymore. ENJOY!
Anyone who reads my sister TRACY's Blog, is well aware of iPhriday. And probably the fact that she hasn't updated it since August 5th. I guess now that I'm back at work (oh yes, after ELEVEN WEEKS of NOT being at work I'm finally BACK!!!) I don't have to rely on iPhriday so heavily as my source of entertainment... but I'd still like an update (just saying, Trace!) ANYWAYS, I can completely see why she has this feature on her blog... it's just so fun to take pictures with your phone. And alter them with instagram.
So here's a look at what we've been up to... last weekend the kids had as swim meet. It was a championship meet and they both did REALLY well.
This is the members of the team who were there when we took this picture... a few boys came later on, so Ben wasn't the only one. The little one in the front is Dana. Remember Dana?
Carly with a big smile after her 50Free Race... her goggles came off in the middle of the race and she STILL got her best time ever. And she was happy....
Ben's 50Backstroke, cut time off too....
And his 50Free, where his goggles came off and he STILL got his best time ever, 29.72... and a finish Michael Phelps could be proud of (Ben's the bottom swimmer, a split second ahead of his teammate!)
That's me and my sister-in-law, Kristi... no, she didn't come visit me this week, although that would have been nice. This picture is from her visit in January, the day we went to the Magic Kingdom together.... very fun. I was just trying out the "BeFunky" photo altering app... and it's fun.
Here's Carly in the parking lot of Marshall's. The day we realized that her presumably black and white Old Navy shirt turned colors in the sunlight! Who knew??? She was THRILLED!
One of our visits to my mom, post Knee Replacement! She's doing great, and this is her walker that my brother decorated for her. Although, she rarely uses it anymore, that's how great she's doing!
And just a fun picture Ryan made me take of a plane coming in for a landing. We were near the airport. But I guess you could figure that out, since planes don't generally fly that low near Non-Airport areas.
Fun night at the Rays game. They won....
... and we were very entertained by the Chick-fil-A cow (of course, Carly had to solicit a photo out of him...)
Nice.
and the dancers in the family:
...and that would be how they got themselves up on the JumboTron.
... and again, after the game! On Friday nights, you can exit the stadium across the field (They call this The CenterField Shuffle... because you can dance your way across, I guess... well, Carly does, of course!)
And that's a fine self portrait. I'm sporting specs these days as I just figured out I'm allergic to my contact lenses. Nice. Here's hoping when I'm finished with my round of steroid eye drops, I will be able to wear daily disposables without preservatives, or else I will be be-specled forever. Rats. I guess it could be worse. I'm happy I can see REALLY well out of the goggles. Fuzzy pic because the field was dark.
oh yeah, and Miss Dancer got herself on the JumboTron SEVERAL times while dancing her way across Centerfield. That could be because she kept jumping in front of the camera man. Poor guy had little choice. When we got home, she said, "You know I'm going to be famous one day, right?!" Um, yeah, we pretty much knew that.
Next day, (yesterday) we went into Ryan's school with him to help get his bulletin boards ready. I wanted to be a teacher when I was little because I thought bulletin boards would be so fun to decorate. These WERE fun, since I used the Cricut to cut everything out:) Ryan came up with the idea for this one and actually did most of the work. I didn't take pictures of the ones inside the library (this one is outside the entrance). His school is a magnet school for Technology and World Studies and we created a Travel theme for his library this year.
Tonight! We babysat my friend Debbie's little boy. He's my mom's Birthday Buddy and pretty funny! I think he enjoyed being a McGregor for the few hours he hung out with us. Carly actually babysat, and let me tell you, she's really good at it!
She gave him bandaids for his fingers...
... encouraged him to say, "I want to be a McGregor!" during dinner....
... then made him do the dishes afterwards. She tricked him by telling him it was "water play". Hilarious.
See how random that is?








1 comment:
enjoyed reading your blog! :)
Post a Comment