Pretty far behind in my blogging, which stinks, since I get it printed into a book at the end of the year and it serves as my Very Classy Scrapbook. I don't want to forget these fun moments, so I will fill in... now.
In August, Carly went for a Kind of Last Minute Audition for the Gulf Coast Children's Choir. It's a local youth choir organization that Ryan's best friend, Rodney, (aka, Uncle Rodney) works with. He actually directs the older kids. Anyways, he's been talking it up for years, and FINALLY we remembered in time to get the Girl to an Audition. The audition involved her attending an afternoon of their choir camp with all the other Already Members, then singing and reading music and various other exercises, with the director (not Rodney). I must say: She's NINE, so I thought this might be a little overwhelming, you know, to try and break into a group that's already been working together for a while. You know, kids she doesn't know, blah, blah, blah.
Silly me.
We dropped her off in the New Enormous Multi-Million Dollar Music Building at the University of South Florida and she ran right in without a backward glance. She spent the afternoon with these complete strangers (Uncle Rod did stop by for a brief visit/spy mission), then we showed up at the end for her audition. She, of course, made herself right at home and introduced herself all around... why do I ever worry about this kid??? When it was time to do her solo act, the director suggested that non-family members leave (there were several people waiting around for their child's audition, etc) and Little Miss goes, "Oh, I don't mind... they can stay!" and proceeded to sing the song she was randomly asked to sing, read some music, and sing some scales. All with the big old smile on her face! She's never really done much of this kind of stuff, so we were pretty impressed that she learned so quickly and duh, is a natural. ANYWAYS, she got in:) And she's been made an ALTO:)
Couple pics from her first night of rehearsal... she thinks she's all that, seeing how it's at the university!
And her Get Up for the first night... I was at work (practically right next door!) and got off just as they were finishing (very convenient, I might add!). She's had several rehearsals and a performance so far, and she JUST LOVES IT! She jumps in the car very excited and happy, so it's pretty fun to see. She told us this past summer she wants to be famous and be a singer like Selena Gomez, so we told her she has to learn to sing correctly, then she can do whatever she wants:) She's taking it all VERY seriously!!

No comments:
Post a Comment