Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Boy... Really. A.

Swim Season is in Full Swing.  Who am I kidding... it's ALWAYS in Full Swing.  Year Round Swim Team.  I should clarify, Short Course Season is in Full Swing.  It's our favorite course, and lasts until the end of February.  

September 17th, we headed out to Winter Haven, FL for a meet... early in the am.  At least the sunrise was pretty...


Both kids swam really well, but BEN got his Best Ever Time for his 50 Freestyle, clocking 28.18 seconds!!  This is also what is known as an "A Time" in the realm of Motivational Time Standards that are put out by USA Swimming (official business there!)  This time is also a Junior Olympic Cut, which is VERY exciting... I hate to bring up the Aging Up issue, so I will refer back to THIS POST... and this will be the case again, but we are still CRAZY PROUD of him!  He swam this race again the past weekend and cut even MORE time off, and now his best is 28.12... those 0.06 of a second are huge in the world of swimming.


Just a fun picture of the water... (and probably a Line Judge)


We are so proud of BOTH of you.  It's why we spend so many hours on the Pool Deck cheering you on.  Even though you don't love the cheering (Ben) and even though the cheering completely distracts you and makes you wave at us (Carly!).

No comments: