Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Opening Day at the Trop


Well, you knew it was coming, right? And you had to KNOW there would be a post regarding Opening Day... the big home opener. Of course, we were there... we've only missed ONE YEAR and that was because we were in Texas visiting Tracy's family, Renae's family, and meeting our new little niece, Keira. A valid reason to miss... This year was fantastic! We are proud Season Ticket Holders. Well, 20 game package, but STILL!



Just prior to the game starting, the team raised the banners to commemorate their awesome season last year! I am pretty sure there were tears in Ryan's eyes:) That was pretty cool...


Note: I do NOT like it when they call the manager "the Skipper". WHAT IS THAT??!?!! It REALLY annoys me and I really think the announcers need to STOP doing that. Anyways, here's Joe Maddon. He's pretty well loved around Tampa Bay and seems to be a pretty cool guy.

Here's Carly's Sweetie. That's what we call Evan Longoria. She's in love with him. She wanted me to take a "close picture" of him... so here's your picture, Carly... of your Sweetie, striking out. Nice. Actually, Ryan's pretty proud that she's in love with a Ray. Also, Nice.

Lest you think she's growing up too fast, this is what she REALLY did during "the boring parts" of the game (when Sweetie wasn't up)... Tracy, apparently she really DID want the Key Lime Dino. Loves that thing. She did tell me you can get her the Lemur next time. HA!

Ending scores... WE WON! 15-5. Sorry Yankees... HA! You know it's pretty bad around the 6th inning and BOTH teams start pulling out their best players because there's no point in getting them all tired. Yankees had their first baseman pitch an inning! yikes. Our favorite game highlight was watching Carlos Pena hit a grand slam... super fun! Whew! I'm tired, and I'm sure my kids are in a coma at school... obviously, we stayed until the end, because WE ARE MCGREGOR's!!! That's what we do! (and hey, the Yankees COULD have gotten 10 hits in the 9th... anything is possible! THERE! I said that for you, Mom. The Yankee "fan"...)

1 comment:

Al & Judy Melton said...

Well, they could have you know! They are the YANKEES!!!