Thursday, April 30, 2009

FOUR


Ben just called me. On the phone. If you know my son, you know this is huge. He had a little news to share. One word. "Four". As in "I got a FOUR on my Florida Writes Test". If you know ME, then you remember my frustration over this test and why this is such a HUGE deal around here. To say that we are SO PROUD of him for his hard work is a crazy understatement. To say THANK YOU to Ryan for so PATIENTLY working EVERY NIGHT with Ben to sharpen his writing skills, also seems not enough.
*sigh*
Hope this "not so random" bit of goodness leaves you with a smile on your face today... oh, and I wish I could have seen Ben's face as he handed the phone back to his Dad. But honestly, I can perfectly visualize in my head the befuddled look... you know, the one that says, "She's-crying-hysterically-and-can-I-play-kick-ball-now?".
Four. I'm liking this.

4 comments:

Sue said...

WooHoo!

Rochel said...

tell Ben congratulations! I think I might make a bunch of sugar cookies for him...all 4's :)

Tracy said...

Did you hear the big sigh of relief from across the country?! Tell Ben we are so proud of him ... but, we knew he could do it!

Laurie said...

Awesome Ben.... so proud of you.