Tuesday, August 25, 2009

School Started!


Ahhh, the First Day of School. Love it. I believe it snuck up on me this year, however. Suddenly, it's here.

Ben started his first day by WORKING... he signed up to be on the Morning Show and well, since his DAD run's said Morning Show, he was an anchor on the first day of school! The 5th graders rotate jobs all year long so everyone does everything, but ironically enough, Ben's a natural as an anchor! He did a great job this morning, along with all his friends...



I'm sure Ryan's family will agree, he couldn't look MORE like his Dad (at the same age) in the picture above, huh?!?!



That's Greg editing... he's been in Ben's class since K-5 and his mom also teaches at Lee... she will be Ben's afternoon teacher this year.



Ryan directing the kids... he is so patient with them! The "news show" they put on every morning is actually really pretty good!



And Carly... heading off to 2nd grade! Notice her hand-me-down backpack that she loves so very much.






Their school is Lee Elementary School of Technology and World Studies, and every grade level learns a different continent each year... 2nd grade is Australia. Carly and her teacher, Mrs. Bowling... last week we went to Sneak Peek where you meet the teachers... which is kind of humorous for us "Hi Mrs. Bowling-who-we've-known-for-9-years" She said she was pretty happy too get a McGregor! Sure helps the kids transition to new classrooms when they know their teachers so well already!


No pictures of Ben in the classroom... 5th grade, you know. Plus, he was "tied up" with his new job.

They got home around 4pm today and ALL were excited about the great day they ALL had! (Yes, even Ryan!)

2 comments:

Sue said...

I might have to move to Tampa when Jess starts school...

Tracy said...

Question ... how many days until the "clap out". You should put a counter on for that. I'm thinking I need to be there for Ben's clap out ... will Ryan pay me if I don't cry?!