Ben and Carly's Swim Banquet... every year their swim club has a nice dinner at the end of the summer swim season where they give out the awards for the year.
Ben and Coach Chris
Carly and Coach... well, you know.
Every family was supposed to bring a dessert and I believe we are all well aware that I do not bake... that's why I have Rochel. She was kind enough to make COOKIES for the event... which were a HUGE hit. Carly and her Posse were, of course, the first in line at the dessert table and they each grabbed one, along with many of the other actual swim team members. And of course, everyone at our table. Truth be told, Carly was running around saying to everyone, "Did you get one of these cookies? My aunt made them!" and another very fun note: said cookies completely matched the decor of the event! HA! How Martha-Stewart of you, Rochel! There's a Halloween party coming up... you know, in October.
Carly got a trophy, too...
In other news... there was a swim meet the morning of the banquet and Ben took first in 2 races, tied one race, and 2nd in another race. He was neck-and-neck with another 10 year old boy who was on the summer swim team... hoping he joins the year-round team because that kind of competition really seems to motivate Ben. He IS a McGregor, afterall! We will be participating in "Official Meets" through out the year this year, as Ben moves up the ranks in the swimming world. Carly did really well, placing first once, tied for first once, and second once, and third once... did you get all that??!?!
New season starts Monday... aaahhhhh, our afternoons on the steamy poolside. I mean, working out in the gym. Can't wait!
2 comments:
I've got some GREAT haloween cookie cutters :) Can't wait!
Good job Ben & Carly!
Congrats Ben and Carly for a job well done. I'm so proud of you both. And Rochel, we don't have those kind of cookies in NH... I'm up for halloween ones!:)
Post a Comment