Ok... After having a "Quick" marathon post yesterday that refected how God strengthens us for EVERYTHING we do, I wanted to turn your attention to The Man. My husband! He ran 39.3 miles this weekend, and in the midst of all of it, he encouraged and coached me... he calmed my crazy nerves and most importantly, BELIEVED in me. You have no idea how amazing that was for me.
This weekend was the coldest we have ever experienced in all our years living in Florida.... Saturday morning, Ryan ran the 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles!) in temperatures that hovered around 29. With freezing rain, and at the start line (at 6am!) SNOW. Yes, the first time we had ever seen it here! It rained the whole time... and yup, he was FREEZING! He stuck it out, and finished in 2 hours and 44 minutes... That is so incredible to me!

He felt so good afterwards that he took Ben and Carly to EPCOT for the afternoon! I went shopping with my family:) That night, we went to the Olive Garden for a Pre-Marathon Celebration meal... accompanied by my sister Laurie and her girls, who had come down to take care of Ben and Carly for us while we were running on Sunday. My parents and my brother came along, also. Ryan's best friend, Rodney spent the weekend with us, as well... he's been there for each of Ryan's marathon's! He has an annual pass to Disney, so he had been able to hook up with Ryan INSIDE the parks for EXTRA running encouragement. Really helps!
The next morning, we were on the "Marathon Transportation Bus" by 3:45am and were heading to the starting line! I was REALLY thankful Ryan was with me, he kept me calm and pumped up and told me all kinds of Marathon Stories that I found completely entertaining! It was cold, but we stayed pretty warm in our "throw away clothes" and blankets.
After the START, Ryan took off to concentrate on getting a better time than last year. We had planned that out, since my goal was just to FINISH. He still sent me text messages to encourage me and called me to see how I was doing. That really helped me so much!
Just before Mile 18, my family was waiting to see us... just outside the entrance to the Animal Kingdom.
Unfortunately, because they were waiting to see ME, they did NOT get to see Ryan cross the finish line... but I know he didn't mind one bit!
Ryan crossed in 5 hours and 42 minutes... cutting about 18 minutes off his time from last year! That is so great and a HUGE accomplishment! I am so proud of him!
My handsome husband, with a BIG smile!
... and finally, settling in to wait for me!
CONGRATULATIONS, Ryan! I'm so proud of you... and I'm so happy that you now know EXACTLY how proud of YOU I have felt EVERY single time you have crossed the finish line, starting with your first 5K!


No comments:
Post a Comment