Monday, January 11, 2010

Really.

You might remember the end of this post.  The day before I ran (ok, lets be honest, mostly walked!) 20 miles.  For the first time.  Crazy.  Repeating this over and over, with each mile.


It goes a little like this:

I really can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
I can really do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  Really.
Philippians 4:13

Told ya a word was missing!

The picture above is ME crossing the finish line (directly after Hi-5'in Donald!) of the Disney Marathon.... 26.2 miles and 7 hours, 1 minute, and 29 seconds.  Respectively.  Didn't care how long it took, as long as I finished. 

Ryan did SO AMAZING this weekend, too... more about all of that, coming this week.  I really wanted everyone to focus on the truth of that verse.  I'm not a runner.  Really. 

I did, however, RUN across the finish line!

5 comments:

Mother of three said...

There are 5 people here in Dallas who are SUPER proud of you!!! REALLY :)

Sue said...

Next year... 6 hours 58 minutes and 14 seconds! WooHoo!

Steve said...

I read your post a couple of times, and I see something missing. A Photography credit to your amazing brother who so graciously stood in the cold to be sure to get this one of a kind photo of you crossing the finish line!

Rochel said...

I'm so proud of you! And inspired. Who knows...maybe we'll do the 1/2 next year with you...maybe I'll push India... :) HA! (no...I'm not pregnant :) )

Tracy said...

But, remember the day that stranger lady said "She's a runner!" to her daughter. So, I guess you are a runner. Really!