Wednesday, January 06, 2010

New Year, New Header


Disney Marathon.  This weekend.  My heart is literally trembling.  I can't wait to see Ryan wearing his medals... all THREE of them.  He's one of those Goofy People, who take on the Goofy Challenge.  He'll be running the 1/2 marathon (that's 13.1 miles, for people who don't REALLY have McGregor blood flowing through their veins) on Saturday morning... and a full marathon (26.2 miles) on Sunday morning.  I know, Math Whiz here.... that's 39.3 miles.  He's ready.  He's excited.  His eyes are fixed.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by
such a great cloud of witnesses,
let us throw off everything that hinders
and the sin that so easily entangles,
and let us run with perseverance
the race marked out for us.

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus,
the author and perfecter of our faith,
who for the joy set before him endured the cross,
scorning it's shame,
and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Hebrews 12:1,2

Amazing verses... and something to dwell on for today:  YOU are the JOY that was set before Him... YOU being with HIM forever.  That's why he endured the cross.  For. YOU. 

So.  Saturday.  Sunday.  Oh, and if you look closely in the picture, you can see Ryan stepping over the finish line... white shirt, under the time clock on the right:)  Or click HERE for a reminder of last year's race.

THANK YOU RYAN for being such an amazing inspiration to ME, especially... No one has ever exhibited perseverance and commitment to me like you have.  You are the most encouraging person I know and apart from God, all I need.  I love you... and I'm so PROUD of you!

1 comment:

Rochel said...

We're so proud of Ryan too! Wish we could come this weekend :( I know we keep saying 'next year'...but hopefully next year...We're praying for him! If we can get txt updates that would be GREAT!