You. Must. Read. This. Book.
I just read this amazing book. About a story I already heard. And it was still so completely fascinating to me, I insist that you read it, too. Somewhere around HERE I mentioned that I loved reading Angie Smith's blog because I found it to be so encouraging... and I have found this book to be the same. She tells the story of how her family handled losing their daughter, Audrey. While it's such a moving story (read: tear-jerker!!) this book is so much MORE than that. It is certainly for people who have walked this road, whether through miscarriage, loss of a child in infancy, or later in their life. It is also for people who are THEIR friends and family. She so beautifully covers what helped them, what was hard to hear, and what you should AVOID saying. It is ABSOLUTELY for everyone who has ever grieved or felt ANY kind of loss, or wondered where God is in the midst of our trials. I found it to be most encouraging in reminding me that God carries us through times of grief, and brings us joy! She weaves the story of Lazarus throughout the book, and seriously? I've read that story nearly a million times and just might have finally gotten the full point! ANYWAYS, beautiful writing. Great story. Amazing God. Quick link to Angie's Blog... and finally, the lyrics to the song she wrote with her husband, Todd, and Christa Wells:
I Will Carry You
There were photographs I wanted to take,
things I wanted to show you;
sing sweet lullabies,
wipe your teary eyes.
Who could love you like this?
People say that I am brave, but I'm not.
Truth is I'm barely hangin' on.
But there's a greater story
written long before me,
because He loves you like this.
I will carry you while your heart beats here,
long beyond the empty cradle,
through the coming years.
I will carry you all my life.
I will praise the One Who's chosen me to carry you.
Such a short time, such a long road.
All this madness, but I know
that the silence has brought me to His voice.
And He says,
"I've shown her photographs of time beginning,
walked her through the parted seas;
angel lullabies, no more teary eyes.
Who could love her like this?"
I will carry you while your heart beats here,
long beyond the empty cradle,
through the coming years.
I will carry you all your life.
I will praise the One Who's chosen me to carry you.
"I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy." John 16:20

1 comment:
Mine finally came yesterday and I read 60 pages just like that. It is amazing. My prayer is that when I am rocked like Angie that I will rest in my faith to sustain me.
Post a Comment