We love Easter. Actually, the whole Lenten Season, too. We go to Tampa Covenant Church and they are crazy good at setting the mood for the Season... whether it's the sermons or just the change in the atmosphere within the sanctuary itself, it's all good. This morning, the cross was "covered" with these flower/butterfly things, and it just looked so cool. Certainly church is not about "looking cool" but I really love the symbolism...
So, weird year. I was supposed to work this weekend, but my good friend, ASHLIE, agreed to cover for me if the hospital census allowed. We had Plan A, and Plan B for our Easter Celebration. SO VERY HAPPY that we got to go with Plan B, which gave me Saturday night off work! Thank you so much, Ashlie.
Well, we wouldn't be McGregor's if we didn't do things WEIRD. So Plan A AND Plan B involved this:
Dinner Saturday Night at Ti'Juana Flats. Of course. Who else goes out for Mexican the day BEFORE EASTER for their Easter Dinner? Ok, they were going to be closed on Sunday... Uncle Steve was kind enough to join us for the fun. Which we all loved. And Mom is in Israel, so no ham or macaroni and cheese. Rats. Might could have made it myself, but work, right? I mean, I had to actually WORK, not that it was too much work. Well, that too. We miss my parents!
Next, Ryan threw in Plan C, which was "how about we have Breakfast Casserole tomorrow.... since you are home and all..." So off to the store Carly and I went, then had some fun Mother/Daughter Bonding.
HA! Not a fan of cooking, and I certainly do NOT bake. And Carly loves it. She needs to go live with her Aunt Rochel until she's about 18. But here are my feable attempts at teaching Carly a few things in the kitchen. Most of my "cooking" is in the craft realm. Much more comfortable....
See? Plaster frames. This is what we were doing when Ryan came up with Plan C. Craft kits. So much MORE fun than casseroles. And really more my speed.
But I tried. You know, for Carly's sake.
Then, HER idea (and this is where I know she's my daughter for real. Because I never even saw her until she was 3 hours old, so I've always kind of wondered. Traumatic emergency C-section. Click HERE for the story. Ha! Kidding!) She decided it would be most fun to get the table "organized" (ahhh, love it when she speaks my language!) and made cards for everyone!
And we put out the chocolate. Which we've been planning for 6 weeks to eat for breakfast. The whole family chose to give up desserts for Lent. It's been HORRIFYING for all of us (well, Ben not so much) so we are REALLY happy that sacrifice is over:) Note the broken cookie on Carly's plate... they made those in school on Thursday, and she carried it around in her backpack, saving it until TODAY! Also, beside her plate are the churros Uncle Steve gave them last night. She did share with her brother:) And after Carly went to bed, I made a card for HER.
After a great service at church... recycled an Easter outfit from last year since I didn't feel like wearing scrubs.
And this photo was taken meer minutes after Ben handed Eli an egg and Eli said, "BALL!" and threw it at the man sitting in front of us. You know, during communion. Anyways, there's ELI and buddy Olivia. She was born on our anniversary. Complete doll. Both of them... look at those arms.
"Hey, since he's crawling away, do you think you could crop him OUT of my picture?"
Anything for you, Sweet Cheeks! Olivia reminds me SO MUCH of Torrey, so it's pretty fun to get to see our 14 year old girl little again! And tell me that picture doesn't make you smile!
The Cousins. Should have had Rochel's belly in there, too!
And finally. I leave you with this....
When I survey the wondrous cross
on which the Prince of Glory died;
on which the Prince of Glory died;
my richest gain I count but loss,
and pour contempt on all my pride.
Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
save in the death of Christ, my God;
all the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them to his blood.
See, from his head, his hands, his feet,
sorrow and love flow mingled down.
Did e'er such love and sorrow meet,
or thorns compose so rich a crown.
Were the whole realm of nature mine,
that were an offering far too small;
love so amazing, so divine,
demands my soul, my life, my all.

2 comments:
looks like a great time. I will be updating my blog when I am post surgery on my foot, hopefully soon, haven't made the appointment yet, but hopefully it will be soon.
I gotta get those pictures from you from Sunday...love the picture you took of the cross
Post a Comment