This morning was a really special day for our family. Ben and Carly (and several of their friends!) were baptized. They were pretty excited to share their faith in God with everyone by following Christ's example... We just love to see their faith grow and to see how each day they learn more and more ~ it's pretty exciting. I was unable to post the video's here, but they are on Facebook. Here are some picture that my mom took:
I know I've said it before, but one of my favorite things about our church is the great community and family atmosphere it has! There are kids everywhere and they are completely encouraged to be hands on with their worship, and are totally integrated into the body. We started attending Tampa Covenant Church when Carly was 3 weeks old and even then we kept the kids in the service with us for the worship part of the service... no one cares if they are talking or fussy, and they learn early on by watching their parents and other church members. We love that! As you can see, the portable baptismal (which was outside in the courtyard) is surrounded by kids, all getting their hands wet! Carly was surrounded by people who love her and support her! LOVE THAT!! Also, my Dad was able to pray over her and give a blessing, which was very special. Ryan's best friend, Rodney, is the Worship Pastor at our church and he baptized her (and Ben) with Ryan's "help" (my Dad, too!) they encourage the father's to have a hands on part in the baptism, and I just thought that was really great, as he has such a MAJOR role in the spiritual upbringing of these kids!
LOVE the look on her face! So joyful. I guess now would be a good time to add that immediately after this look, she stood up and took a bow. *Sigh* Working on that.
Praying over Ben.








2 comments:
Beautiful :) Wish Eli wouldn't have been crying...I missed most of it :( He was fine until he saw the water...and then he wanted to get it. He just wanted to be like 'Bem & Carkey'
SO very proud of you two!
Love you! Love them!
Post a Comment