Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Endurance

Summer Swim Meets. They are what we call Developmental Meets... mostly for the little ones to get them ready for "real meets". They don't really count in the realm of official USA Swim Meets, but they are important none-the-less. Carly did a great job tonight! She is learning how to dive off the block this summer. Ben is learning how to do the concession stand, since he is "beyond" the developmental meets.



So, here's what I really loved about tonight's meet: Dana. I mean, I think that's her name. Pretty sure that's what her parents were yelling to her. "Go Dana! You are almost there! Keep going!!!" We get it because we are big screamers, too! I mean, CHEERERS. But there is just something so incredible about seeing a little kid (and I mean LITTLE... Dana is TINY!) swimming their heart out... probably the longest distance they've ever had to swim! and being WAY behind the others in their heat and yet they keep going. You know, because there are people cheering them on. And when they get to the end of the race, they jump into their Daddy's arms.


I just don't want to forget that very poignant picture.


Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses,
let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles,
and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith,
who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame,
and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:1,2



Anyways, that is what I needed today.

No comments: