Monday, March 14, 2011

Zoo Zoom 2011


A couple of weekends ago, Carly had her BFF Olivia over to spend the night... I shared her itinerary HERE, which cracked me up... have to tell you though, these girls were SOUND ASLEEP by 9:15pm!  But there was a LOT of giggling going on.

The next morning, they had to get up VERY early to run their first 5K.  We've run the Zoo Zoom race for several years now, and it is a very fun race through our local zoo.  We decided last year that THIS YEAR, the kids would run with us.  They were up for it, or I should say CARLY was up for it... meaning she got up MANY mornings with me at 4:30am to run in our neighborhood!  She talked Olivia into running with her, and they even created T-shirts and matching outfits to run in.


Carly got the idea at the Disney Marathon, when she saw people running past wearing "Bride" and "Groom" shirts.  I overheard the cutest comments about them while we were running (I stayed back with the girls to make sure no one stole them off the course, you know, like a gorilla, or something)  Lots of college aged girls saying how they remembered their first best friends and dressing alike, etc... how cute they were together.  The funniest thing for me was that they talked their Third Grade Teacher into running the race, too!  So, Shout Out to Miss Harmeling for being such a GREAT SPORT.  Literally.

Ryan got his best 5K time ever, he's so amazing!  29:02

Ben finished not too far behind him, 34:13.... he said, "I was walking, but I started running because I just wanted to be finished!  Ughhhhhh!"  Sounds about right.

The Girls finished at 49:01 and 49:02, respectively.  The Old Girl finished 49:17.  She's too old to sprint to the finish line, no matter HOW cute the man waiting on the other side is.

And another McGregor Tradition was born!

No comments: