Friday, March 25, 2011

Book Battle


*not to be confused with Battle of the Books.... that is FOURTH grade.

This morning, Carly was on a team from her class for the Third Grade Book Battle.  Our county does this program called "Battle of the Books" when the kids are in fourth grade... they have a list of about 10 books (Battle Books) that they read and then can answer questions on, then could eventually be on a Quiz Team for their school that competes with other schools.  So, Ryan came up with the idea to start the kids in 3rd grade, to get them ready for the Official Battle of the Books.  You know, because he's the school Librarian.  Excuse me.  Media Specialist.

So the 3rd grade team from each class competed against each other this morning.  Now's when I get to really brag.  My blog.

Carly.  Completely a McGregor.  She was a complete ANIMAL with the buzzer and answering the questions.  Particularly the "Who was the author" questions.  She knew EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.  I figured it has FINALLY paid off that whenever I read to her in her infancy that I read the title of the book AND THE AUTHOR out loud to her.  You know, giving a shout out to the person who wrote the book!  It sunk in.  I was so proud of her, and I will be honest: Surprised!  I had no idea she was THAT competitive and all I could think of was "Word of Life Quiz Team".  She'd be PERFECT for it!  I tell you, that girl did not hesitate once!  Sometimes Ryan only said 3 words of the question and she was smacking (oh yes, SMACKING) the buzzer!  Her team blew the other 3 teams out of the water.   The other 3 members of Carly's team (yup, that's Olivia up there!) were awesome, too!  They are all really bright kids, and were VERY well prepared for the Battle.

Excuse the cell phone picture... Completely forgot my camera (what?).

Also, shout out to RYAN for being such a great Media Specialist!!!

No comments: