Perhaps you didn't know it was SPRING, since I haven't posted these pictures I took in the middle of March... seriously, I'm only posting TODAY because I am so very tired of seeing "Red Flowers Post" on my sadly neglected "to-do list".
NEWS FLASH!!! Our amarillas have bloomed! Just by way of reminder, I photograph my poor children in front of these fleeting flowers EVERY spring. We bought our house in May 2000, and had no idea what we were in for until the following March, when these beauties sprung up all over our yard. So, THANK YOU to the previous homeowners for the small gift you have left behind for us! I can't grow ANYTHING but cute children, so I am always so impressed with these flowers that we do NOTHING to, and yet they reappear every spring.
SECOND NEWS FLASH!!! My kids are REALLY tired of getting their pictures taken in front of these flowers every year. Sadly, they will be doing it until they are very old people. You know, because I'm the Mother and I Said So.
And in case you were wondering, in the picture above: YES. Ben is trying very, very hard not to squeeze her to death. YES. He IS making the "dadadadadadadadadadadadadadadada" noise. Similar to when Carly was a few days old and he kept putting his fist right in her face making that sound. *sigh* I'm always impressed with his restraint.
You'd think she could stop fooling around long enough for a quick picture, but no. I blame this on too much time spent with Uncle Steve.
Happy Spring!!
No comments:
Post a Comment