Saturday, November 21, 2009

Bragging Rights

I'm pleased to pass on the results of another successful Swim Meet... with the McGregor's! This morning's took place in St. Petersburg.


CARLY

25Y backstroke: previous official time 35.97
today 30.50
25Y butterfly: no previous time
today 33.98
50Y freestyle: previous official time 50.98
today 55something...

(I was writing their times on a paper napkin and my mom.... hi mom, thanks to you and dad for coming today!... said, "you are going to lose that, you better write them on a real piece of paper" and well, of course, I still have the napkin, and can't find the paper anywhere, which is where I was writing the times at the end. Ugh)

Sweet girl was so happy to be spending the morning with her buddies and a little hot cocoa! She was totally THRILLED to have cut over 5 seconds off her backstroke, thought she was pretty clever, she did!


BEN

50Y butterfly: previous official time 49.24
today 46.42 THIS IS A "B cut time"!!!
100Y freestyle: no previous time
today 1:20.06 THIS IS A "B cut time"!!!
and is actually 0.07 seconds from a BB cut time!
50Y freestyle: previous time 31.89
today 33.07

(The picture cracks me up, Ben wearing a swim cap and his winter coat!)

If you remember, Ben has had a really hard time with the butterfly and getting disqualified, so we were SO HAPPY for him to be doing it so well he even got his cut time in! (Read here for a Refresher Course about the motivational cut times). The 100YFree was really just an idea the coach had for Ben to lock in a time, so he went into it thinking that was all he was doing and supposedly "Taking it easy", although, I doubt that was the case! We couldn't believe that right off the block (so to speak!) he rocked a B time!

Also, we went into today hoping and praying that he would get his 50Free time down (as you recall, this is the race he qualified for Junior Olympics with, but will Age Up 6 days before and won't be able to compete), but instead of that, he smoked 2 different races! It is fun when you can SEE in the end that your plan wasn't nearly as good as God's plan... and not a bit random, mind you!

This last part is for my sister... When we got back to our car, there was a wedding going on RIGHT IN FRONT OF IT!! HA! yes, you would be proud, Tracy, we stopped and watched for a while... until we realized that these poor people were getting married outside the AQUATICS center, during a swim meet, where you could very CLEARLY hear parents screaming for their children! AGGGGHHHH!! Before the bride could notice my children were all wet, we got them in the car, snapped a picture, and took off... photo for you, Tracy!


BACK TO MORE APPROPRIATE MATTERS....

Yesterday, I decided that a word has been left out of Philippians 4:13.
Really.
No, really... that's the word. REALLY. There are about 3 places that would be perfectly appropriate for it to be. I tend to be somewhat skeptical, so this one is DEFINITELY for the skeptics! REALLY!

** photo's are from my cell phone... forgot the memory card for my camera! GRRrrrrrr!

4 comments:

Al & Judy Melton said...

The rest of the story for you Tracy!
As we went out the wedding was just getting started so we watched for a bit. First a bagpiper in an official kilt walked in playing followed by the bride and groom. A lady officiated. After she welcomed everyone, the bag piper did special music... Amazing Grace. We left then. How'd I do Tracy?
The kids did awesome!
MOM

Rochel said...

The pictures from the cell phone turned out great!
Way to go Ben and Carly! Pretty sure Aunt Rochel will be baking up some cookies for you! Give me a couple of days... :)

Tracy said...

Thank you for the picture of the wedding. I am so proud of you. And, happy to know that you are always thinking of me and are willing to give in to my nosy-ish ways even when I am not with you. Which makes me wonder. Perhaps Carly didn't inherit her nosy-ish ways from me, but from you. I'm just saying.

Love that the kids did so well today. Wish you lived closer to us so we could have gone to cheer (and further interrupt the wedding) and then you could have come back with us to see Torrey in "Aladdin". Maybe someday. Sigh.

Laurie said...

Tracy, WELL SAID! Congrats Ben and Carly for doing so well! I'm so proud of you both.