Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ri-ght to be Bright

Ok, one of my biggest PROBLEMS is multi-tasking. For real. I spend so much time excessively multi-tasking that NOTHING gets done. Take "right now" for instance. In the past 10 minutes, I have folded 1/2 a load of laundry, made 1/2 a bday card for Ben, took some pictures, made 1/2 of the bed, cleared 4 books off Carly's book shelf, let the cats out, drank 3 sips of coffee, talked to Laurie on the phone, hung up a shirt, considered taking a walk, downloaded new kodak software, and am making an entry on my blog... oh, and I got Kristin's college address off my email account. I think this justifies a nap, if you want to know the truth. Here's how it REALLY went down hill this morning... While folding laundry and telling myself I was going to stay FOCUSSED on ONE task, I came across this Tshirt. Now that I think back, the kids were talking about how Ben made a tshirt at school yesterday. I apparently didn't pay much attention. ANYWAYS, when I pulled this out of the laundry, it occured to me I needed to: take a picture of it and put it on my blog... well, the picture came out sideways, which reminded me I needed to download that software, and touching the computer reminded me I needed Kristin's address for her Valentine's card (rats! wrecked the surprise!), which reminded me I needed to finish Ben's bday card, which was by the laundry again, so I hung up a shirt, then Laurie called and I wandered upstairs, where the bookshelf and bed came into play, then came back down and the cats were crying, then the coffee was there and I remembered I wanted to go for a walk so I wouldn't feel the least bit bad for eating pizza for dinner. I'm tired. AND I DIGRESS! ugh. It's a problem.

Don't turn your computer off yet... there IS A STORY HERE.

All month we've been worrying over Ben taking the Florida Writes test (FCAT business) and we've been working really hard with him. ORIGINALLY we were lead to believe he had to score a 4 to advance to 5th grade, which just isn't true... he had only been getting 3's in practice. Frustrating, considering he writes books all the time and is BRILLIANT (not just a Mom's point of view, he really is). Anyways, the test was yesterday and we are all relieved it's over... apparently they made these tshirts at school and well, it just cracked me up. Maybe it's not as funny after all of the above, but it still made me smile... and completely made me lose my train of thought and focus. oh well, sometimes that's important, too:)





"Ri- or Write to be Bright!"

I'm especially enjoying the "Beat the cat" sign!!!

*sigh* it has just occurred to me why I love the "If you give a mouse a cookie" book so much.

2 comments:

Al & Judy Melton said...

It's hereditary....you get it from your mother. I'm sorry. But there are good days cause sometimes you do the 2nd half of the undone chores and it looks like you are superwoman because you have accomplished so much.Mom

Allana Martian said...

Totally funny post!!! And I can totally relate!!! Love the t-shirt!