Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Random Links

So, I have rolling around in my Pretty Little Head (my blog, I can compliment myself) various comments regarding an email conversation I had with the woman who gave birth to my Man. While I wait for them to STOP rolling around and settle, I have a few very random items of fun to share with you, my friends. Ok, family. I'm certain only relatives are reading ~ so family. But family are friends, too... perhaps the best ones! (I would now like to kindly ask my cousins to STOP rolling their eyes).

I have made a concerted effort to post once again, on my card blog. Consider yourself Inspired. Try to contain yourself. Also, you might have noticed I have made a few additions to the sidebar on the left... picture buttons you can click on. For a few new sites-o-fun. I will also be stealing an idea from Auntie Sioux-Sioux' blog... "Jessicaism's" is just too perfect not to duplicate. Of course, We don't have Jessica at OUR house, but there are some funny one-liners that we don't want to forget, so that will be coming soon. Thanks for the fantastic idea, Sue. Now, onto more fun...


Ryan's brother Rick has a blog. I go there frequently for dinner ideas, as he ALWAYS posts what they have for dinner. Highly entertaining. I'm hoping he learns how to post pictures soon so we can see more of the cute children.


While I'm on the subject of Rick. He also has a website for the youth outreach ministry he has created with his wife, Kristi. Chamber Ministries. Also a worthy stop as you hop around the net.


Next, on my list of Places You Can Go: Ryan's youngest sister Randee and her husband, Johnny, have a photography website. I thoroughly plan on pushing Ben and Carly off on them at Christmas time to be their little Guinea Pigs (read: willing subjects). I'm sure Ben will be thrilled. Actually, since it's Aunt Randee, he probably won't mind. He does quite well with her haircuts, you know, BECAUSE it's Aunt Randee.

Moving right along across the branches of the Family Tree... everyone remembers my charming neice, Kristin, right? (OF COURSE YOU REMEMBER, we're all family, right?!?!?!) You guessed it. Blog. Also makes me smile. Where else am I going to learn about what she's up to? I'm sure somewhere here I've established I'm a horrible FaceBook friend, so certainly not there. And if I waited for her to email me, I'd probably have grandchildren. (Rats, she emailed me today. Ok, I take that one back...)

Further up the trunk, as it were, my parents have created a special blog just for Carly and her classroom of 2nd graders. I must applaud them for embracing the 21st Century and finding a way to be a part of their granddaughters school experience from half a world away. Ever read the Flat Stanley book? It's a 2nd grade tradition at Lee Elementary, and perhaps other schools around the country... then they send out Stanley's to learn about places all around the world... When Ben was in 2nd grade, Stanley accompanied my parents to Africa and various other jaunts. He apparently hopped in their suitcase to Israel, and will be reporting back regarding his experiences there... Not sure if he's been informed yet that this year of travel also includes various ports in the Mediterranean and various cities in Italy. Lucky Stanley.

And since I'm sure it has crossed your minds that since we are all family, WHY would I need a whole post about websites we all already know about?

Ah. Elphie's Blog. The ever-famous name-spelling-and-gender-changing-McGregor-Cat. You heard me. And you know I had nothing to do with this... I'm not the only one in my house with too much free time.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

What? No mention of my blog?

Jennifer McGregor said...

Your blog was already mentioned on the sidebar for nearly a year... you are ALREADY famous, right?