
It was time. For a new blog header. And there's always a reason for the Header's I create:) This one is no different. While were were on the Oregon Coast last month, I knew one of these pictures would end up here. Unfortunately, when we got home, NOTHING was coming to me as far as what I wanted to write on it. I'm much too much a Creature of Habit to NOT incorporate something meaningful-to-me. Several songs ALMOST did it, but well, nothing brought complete satisfaction... that's what I was looking for.
Until last night.
In a VERY round-about-way (you know, RANDOM! Ha!) I ended up on KATE's Dad's blog to read about bracelets someone had made for their girl. On the outside they say "Pray for Kate", on the inside is the reference for Isaiah 43:1-2. So, you know, I read it... it was conveniently written out for me, which I will do for you, too!
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name;
you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze."
... read that again. And if you felt like me, SPEACHLESS after reading that, you would have grabbed your Bible and read on... at least through verse 3:
For I am the Lord, Your God,
the Holy One of Israel,
Your Savior
THEN I thought about it for a really long time. God has redeemed me. God, summons ME by name... does that not give you a picture of how very personal He feels about us? He knows us, He wants us?! You. Are. Mine. Seriously, could not stop thinking about how incredible that is.
... and how many times have I passed through "the waters"? Worse, "the rivers"... and worse yet, "the fire"? He protects me. He doesn't always take it away, but He is always there protecting. Your Savior.
Here's why I write this all down... not to be all preachy and spiritual, you know I'm just not. When these things are "revealed" to me, I don't want to forget it... you know, tomorrow, when I'm once again the Raving Lunatic losing my temper with say, Ben. Oh wait. That was today.
I need all these reminders that My Savior, (the same One who created that vast, vast Pacific Ocean, the rocks in the midst of it, the waves that crash all around, and knows exactly how many grains of sand are on that beach... Him) thinks I'm worthy to REDEEM. He thinks it's worth it enough to KNOW MY NAME, takes the time to call me to Himself. He calls me His. I love that. And I'm going to need to see it spelled out over the next couple of months...
4 comments:
What I needed to hear. Thanks.
I love it... and especially the passage.
Nice blog header, maybe you could help me with mine.
I needed this, too! (I'm off to go find a tissue)
Post a Comment