LAST FRIDAY night, Ryan and I painted the living room, Antelope-Hide-with-10-drops-of-white-to-the-half-pint. We started around 5pm, when my Kind Brother came to pick up Ben and Carly for the night. (THANK YOU!) We finished at 10pm, although, we did take off at 8pm for dinner and finished when we returned. I think we did pretty good! Somehow, in the process of that, we found out the FiOs box was broken and Ryan spent some time on the phone with Verizon trying to trouble shoot (ummmm, we do have our priorities here!) and then getting a new one ordered. So, MANY DAYS without TV. Amazingly enough, we survived. I did, however, have to miss seeing Donny Osmond dance Monday night on DWTS. *sigh*. oh, and YES, we still love the paint color, even though I was hoping there would be moments we did not.
SATURDAY... SUNDAY somewhat of a blur as I was working/sleeping/working/sleeping... I do remember feeling REALLY tired:) and somewhere along that way we completely forgot to take Carly to her friend's birthday party. That we RSVP'd for. That I spent 1/2 an hour on the phone discussing the week before with the girls mother.
We did get our new couch delivered Saturday morning (photo above)... we have 2 pieces of furniture we still need to get (shelves and entry way bench) so official pictures will be posted whenever that happens...
MONDAY... 10pm. That would be when Ryan and I realized that we missed the party. Also, when I realized that I am not Super Woman. Ouch. And that I need to actually SLEEP after working instead of staying up, or getting up really early to do stuff that really could wait. And that I really can't function on 2 hours of sleep. And remember birthday parties that I RSVP'd to.
TUESDAY... I spent a fun day at my friend Debbie's house. She recently had surgery and can't lift her adorable baby, Levi, so I was the Lifter. And Eli went with me... here he is NOT crawling, even though I told him he had to. He doesn't want to. Told you Levi was cute. And he's my mom's Birthday Buddy, which is a big deal around our house.
And probably my favorite part of the week... I had to call The Mother of the Missed-Birthday-Party-Girl and apologize. Didn't even have a clever excuse, just we are clueless. I say it was my favorite part, because this mom was SO gracious to me, and kind. Which made me feel worse, and better all at once. A little sad that I was SURPRISED she was so kind. Most people aren't these days. It was a horse back riding lesson "party" with a trainer and everything, so I was REALLY feeling bad as I'm sure they had to pay ahead of time. Anyways, it was a great Object Lesson for me in the end... to always be a kind person, and to SLEEP so I can focus on things that are important to the family and others... RIGHT?!?!
scooting on ahead to FRIDAY... kids had a swim meet in St. Petersburg! We took off as soon as they got home from school and they got started warming up just before 5pm and really didn't stop swimming until about 9pm. They both did really well, and Ben even got a B time for his backstroke. So he was happy about that! There were a couple of DQ's, but they were both OK with that, too... even Ben! A word about his backstroke... when he started on the swim team, he was so "bad"at this stroke that he just constantly went in circles:) So it is really awesome to see him working hard and even getting cut times. A word about the cut times... they aren't easy to get, and most of the kids his age DON'T have them, so it's a HUGE deal. We are really proud of both of them for their hard work and ESPECIALLY for their good sportsmanship. Also, the Coach has extended Ben's practice time each day, which is a great sign as that means he's noticing he's serious about this and working his way "up the team". Thank you to Rochel, Edgar, and Eli for coming along to enjoy the Swim Meet Circus.
and TODAY. We haven't really done anything all day and it's been GREAT!!! Well, I helped Carly clean her room. Disaster. Not sure how that happens. I'm beginning to think it's the Room. It's jinxed. I know this because it was Rochel's room at one time. (You are welcome, Rochel, for NOT blaming my messy daughter on you... butIthinkweallknowwhereshegetsitfrom). And the highlight of our evening... Eli is here! His mom and dad are OUT, and well, lets start with the funniest things that have happened so far...
When Rochel brought him in, she had so much eye shadow on (going to costume party) that Eli would look at her and slowly close his eyes and turn his head away, and keep his eyes closed. ("Mommy, there's something wrong with your eyes!!") ok, that made us laugh for a long time!
Ryan. Trying to MAKE Eli crawl. This could be why we only have 2 kids. Ryan DECIDES they are going to learn something, and well, he's a somewhat unorthodox teacher. Sorry Edgar. Anyways, there was a TV remote involved and tears, and a baby who never got the remote... and a lightup rubix cube and tears, and an Auntie saying "Stop it! That's mean" and a baby who got the rubix cube. That's all I'm saying.
And probably the funniest... Ryan put him on his tummy for the 100th time and told him to crawl (yeah, right) and Eli flipped right back over and blew a raspberry at him. Really funny. So appropriate.
Anyways... he's off to bed now, and MY kids are relaxing and we are enjoying the 2nd to last RAYS game of the season. They are saving us lots of money by NOT getting to the post season, so I guess we should thank them? Hmmmmm... we ARE enjoying our new couch, so THANKS, RAYS!
No comments:
Post a Comment