Carly’s Story
MY BLANKET
“Tap tap tap .”, said the sewing machine. My baby blanket is, well, a wonder to me. It’s one of the things I’ve loved, for my whole life. It only has two holes in it. That’s good!
It all started out, in September 2001. My mom and my grandma wanted to make me a baby blanket . But they didn’t know whether or not I was a boy or a girl, so they thought ”red and yellow! Good for both.” So, they came out with a starry fabric on one side and the other side has bears on it.
The day I was born. [November, XX ,2001 at 11:16 am] I received my baby blanket. All of my relatives were huddled around me asking “can I hold her, can I hold her?” My relatives yapped. I was so annoyed I wrapped my blanket around my head . I felt like a Baby Ninja. As soon as everyone left I went to bed in the hospital. I snuggled with my mom and my blanket. When I was 2 years old, my Dad was playing around with me and took my blanket and I started crying and I yelled “BLANKY!!!” I shouted and from that day on that was her name.
Blanky helps me sleep in the night. I snuggle her close and she gives me a good feeling inside, something that calms me. So if any one tries to take her away from me, I would throw a fit! She also helps me when I’m scared or upset. I will never let go of my blanket and if I do it will be when I’m 90 years old !!!!!
*This girl really really loves her Blanky...
2 comments:
Lovin' the photos. When's your girl gonna get her own blog?
What? No mention of warming Blanky up in the dryer? Got to love a good Blanky story ... she is the best!
Post a Comment