Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Life wth Shadow

*Another essay by Carly, who was instructed to write about her Summer Memories...  Photos if from Aunt Renae's blog... thanks for "letting" us lift it!


     As soon as I saw my Aunt Kristi with Shadow, I bolted outside like lightening bolt!  When I met Shadow,  she jumped on me like a kangaroo.  "Shadow! I'm all dirty now.  But I still love you.", I said.  Her eyes twinkled with joy and I knew I would play with her while I was in Michigan.  This dog cost $100 so I have to spend time with her!

     Shadow had brown eyes.  She had silky black fur that was as black as night.  She was a black labrador, she had a blazing red tongue.  She had a black nose, as black as a black berry.

     On Saturday at 10:47am they had a.... PET PARADE!!!!  The parade was very noisy.  We heard people clapping, cameras flashing.  I was a little bit scared.  Then all of a sudden Shadow started running fast as a cheetah!  We almost ran into the crowd!  But we managed not to go there.  They had an enormous line of animals.  There were three bunnies, 12 dogs, evena  mouse on a skateboard who on the funniest animal and a huge brown dog in his owner's t-shirt.  The prizes were free ice cream and five dollars.

     Ten days afer I came home, while I was playing "Speed Slice" on the Wii, my mom pulled me aside and told me, "Honey, something sad happened to Shadow.  She passed away, and they don't know what happened to her, she just passed away in her sleep."  I felt really really sad about Shadow.  I mean, I really did not get to spend a lot of time with her.  I'm really going to miss Shadow. 

*Sigh*  Losing Shadow was really sad for Carly, and seriously, she cried for about 2 days and it wasn't even our dog!  She finally said, "If I feel this sad, imagine how sad Isaiah and Adriana feel!!!" Her sweet little cousins, who saved up their money to buy Shadow.  It made her really want to pray for comfort for them... and their aunts and uncles in Florida really wanted to buy them another dog! 

2 comments:

Al & Judy Melton said...

Carly has quite a talent for writing.
She surely has an advanced vocabulary for her age.

Tracy said...

And, a writer is born.

Um, if she is wanting a dog so badly I may have one for her. She is cute. Barks at everyone. Likes no one. Needs knee surgery quickly ... it only costs $1,000 a knee (she has only two knees). Please only pay attention to the part where I said she was cute. If I don't get an answer in 3 seconds she is yours.

Congratulations. You are a winner.

Man ... I am really tired. Please don't tell Torrey I just gave away her dog.