With all the Camping Pictures, you had to know there would be a new header... I can hardly be surrounded by all this nature and NOT think of our Creator. And I guess since it was raining when we started our trip, we spent a little more time with the kids talking about things we were thankful for. We try really hard to teach them to always find the Good Side of everything. I'll be honest: I don't like to listen to them complain, and it is WAY easier to get them giggling and finding the Good Side than it is to keep yelling at them to Stop Complaining. Of course, this means I can't complain, either... which might be the True Hardest Part.
You spend a little time without your warm bed, computer, cell phone, and all the other Comforts of Home and you realize how very worthless these things really are. Spend a little time sitting around with your kids and husband and you suddenly see their value with Crystal Clarity. We all loved our time together.
So, while we were hiking, I kept thinking of the whole Directing Our Paths thing... there were trail markers everywhere so we didn't get lost. Beauty all around us that distracted us from the Path... Side Paths that looked like the right way, but weren't marked like the True Path was marked. You get the idea. I think there must be a reason God keeps revealing this seemingly obvious truth to me... I really struggle with consistency and staying on target with my relationship with Him.
Direct me in the path of your commands,
for there I find delight.
Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
preserve my life according to your word.
Psalm 119:35, 37
... I think camping was really good for me:)

1 comment:
when i saw that picture, i thought it would be used again....looks like a ton of fun, i think our families need to meet up somewhere and go camping....we love to do it too
Post a Comment