Monday, May 09, 2011

Mother's Day 2011


I have to say... I had a GREAT Mother's Day.

I love being a Mom.  However, I'll be the first to admit I don't say 'I love being a Mom' like it's my whole reason for being on Planet Earth.  I think it is more something God handed over to me while He was smirking and snickering.  I'm really one of those Mom's who has absolutely no problem looking at their daughter somewhat dumbfounded, while saying, "You know, I never actually SAW you being born, so there is a chance you were switched in the nursery and I'm not completely certain WHERE you came from.  Your brother, however... now, that I saw.  So that I will take responsibility for, but you...".  I will definitely be the first to admit I kind of stink at it most days and the other days, I just get kind of lucky.  (blah blah blah, of course I realize a 100% any "success" I have as a mother is from God.  Duh.)

That being said, I do find my kids horribly entertaining.  Some days I think they are somewhat of a Science Experiment "Ryan and I" have created for our own amusement.  I will ALWAYS be entertained by seeing qualities in them that originally belonged to us or someone else in the family.  As well as by the qualities that are oddly, uniquely theirs!!  And I am fascinated by the scary reality of Ryan and I molding 2 people.  Everything we do impacts them.  Everything we teach them.  I love that God allows us a part in this.  It is truly why I love being a Mom.  That, and the humor.  

So, Mother's Day was good.  I'm all for a day where the People I Live With don't want me to do anything strenuous.  Where they sort of treat me like a Queen.  You know, by not bugging me.  Highly appreciated.  Day started off with the Carly creating breakfast for me.  Chicky has paid attention the last few years and served me what I always eat for breakfast, minus the coffee ("Because you said, 'Do NOT touch my Keurig!!!!'" says the suddenly obedient child.) then I was presented with gifts each had made.  Ben made me a necklace in Art class.  Well, he clarified with, "I was going to keep it for myself, but then I thought 'I need a Mother's Day Present' and realized you might like it, so here it is!!!!!" (with Big Proud Smile).  Reason #1 why We Love Asperger's around here.  Honesty.  Carly gave me multiple coupons for massages, clean rooms, emptying-cat-box's, and cooked dinners... with no expirations dates and guidelines of "You can use them as many times as you want, too!!!".  Really enjoying the dinners!  It's like I gave birth (or maybe not) to my own Personal Chef.

After a nice morning at church (see photo above... which I mostly included to show how VERY TALL Ben has gotten!!), we headed out to my Mom's, where we met her for lunch at an Asian restaurant... with Steve and Dad.  (YEAH! for them finally being home!) GREAT lunch, then we went over to Mom's where Carly and I got our First Glimpse of the recent Royal Wedding (remember the Camping Trip????  Well, it was during the Nuptials, otherwise, I would have had Baby Girl up at 4am to watch the fun!!).  We also enjoyed COFFEE, and then watched Tangled, which is about the cutest movie ever.

After we got home, Ryan rounded up the kids to clean their rooms.  This is my favorite part ever.  There was so much work that needed to be done to get Ben's Room Grandma Ready (Ryan's Parents are coming this weekend to see Ben and Carly's Swim Meet!) and he got everything taken care of!  It was the best gift ever!  He took apart bunk beds, rearranged furniture, rehung posters, and CLEANED, CLEANED, CLEANED!  He's WAY more patient than I am, and I sure appreciated his hard work.  And Ben's Room looks fantastic!  And has passed my Inspection of Ready for Grandma and Grandpa!  I'm certain they will be Delighted not to have to crawl under his bunk beds... if only the Tigers Fans can tolerate sleeping in a Rays Infested Room!!!  Hahahahahaha.

Shout out to my Mom... Happy Mother's Day!!! I love you and appreciate you.  And it was so fantastic to get to spend it the day you, even though you were still supposed to be in Israel.  I don't take it for granted that we were given a fun day together.

Shout out to Ryan's Mom!  Happy Mother's Day!!!  Looking forward to a very fun weekend with you guys!  I'm so excited Ben's Room is clean... please know that is ALL because of the wonderful Son you have!  I'm thankful you were his Mom.  You guys taught him so well:)  By way of reminder before you get here:  I still do not dust.  Just be OK with that... the kids are cute, though, right???!!

No comments: