Sunday, February 01, 2009

Eli's Visit


LAST WEEK, Eli came to spend the afternoon/evening with us! I have had trouble getting pictures on this blog, so I'm behind in my post... ANYWAYS, we all had so much fun playing with him... we took him for a walk in his stroller (no memory card in the camera that I made sure to take with us, so no pictures of that!), and Ben and Carly rode their scooters all around him. I don't Edgar reads our blog, so I will pass along that they ran into him about 10 times and the scooter races had to be rearranged once it occurred to Ryan and I that having Eli be the finish line wasn't the smartest idea. When we got back to the house, Eli cuddled up with his cousin!!


Carly LOVES holding this little boy! We were amazed to see he actually is starting to look a little like Ben, so that made us smile! He ate his dinner, then he fell asleep...

I thought this was really sweet... especially with the Longoria shirt he was sporting. This brought up the little song I wrote for Eli, and he loves it when we sing it to him... Feel free to give it a try yourself. Sing it to the tune of "I'm a little Teapot"

I'm a little Rays Fan, Yes I am

These are my fingers, These are my hands

When I get all grown up I'm gonna be

A Pitcher for My Rays, you wait and see!!

Yup, there are motions involved, as you can well imagine. He is HIGHLY entertained by his fingers these days, so this song REALLY works for him. Sorry, Rochel, you are going to have to write your own Tiger's song. I'm not helping you out with that one.

After walking, eating, napping, and singing, we had Media Center time with the cousins reading stories to Eli. He seemed to enjoy Circle Time!

And here Eli is enjoying our dinner with us... He had crazy cousins hanging over his head the whole time, so he seemed to really enjoy the meal. We really enjoyed out time with him, and besides the scooter incident(s), we were all really well behaved and didn't try anything too crazy with our little sweetie. Have to say, our evening made us really sad that the rest of the cousins aren't close enough to come and hang out with our family!

Come back, Eli... surely your mom and dad should be going on a date EVERY WEEK!

3 comments:

Al & Judy Melton said...

Eli's head shape looks like Ben's head shape.
Mom

Laurie said...

I see alot of resemblence with Eli and Ben. Very cute. Love the eyelashes. Looks like he flirts with you.

Rochel said...

Glad to see the pictures :) I DID make up a song about Eli...it goes to the tune of "I Love Broccoli" from Patch the Pirate. If you don't know the tune, I'm sure Ryan does :)