Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm never leaving...




FINALLY... some pictures of the projects we've been working on the last few weeks... starting with Ben's very cool RAYS room. Poor thing has wanted HIS room painted ever since we painted Carly's, oh about 4 years ago! For his birthday, we gave him a RAYS renovation. He was so excited when he saw it all done (well, we're ALMOST done), that he said, "This room makes me want to live here forever!!! I'm never leaving now!". NEWS FLASH, BEN: If that's the case, this room gets painted PINK the day you graduate from college! I'm not kidding. PINK. We've got more little things to hang up and I need to order a few frames for some pictures and a mini-bat hanger, oh, and Ryan has a new ceiling fan to install... but you get the idea... notice our old license plate above the window, and the newspaper articles from last fall that Ryan laminated... on the opposite wall (painted solid navy blue) where the closet is, he has a shelf with all his RAYS bobble heads and various other trinkets. Also, notice my dresser now painted BLUE!!! Remember when we refinished those all those years ago, Dad?? That's all I could think about when I was painting over that green!



The RAYS logo in the upper right corner is actually a poster I cut up... we really wanted the logo on the wall and didn't want to pay $90 from fatheads.com to get one, so we improvised. My other option was painting it myself... pretty happy the poster worked out!!!

Hat rack... I have a very cool "Inaugural Pitch" picture from 1998 to hang above this... it's in need of a frame, so that's coming...

And since her room is NEVER clean, I thought I'd add a picture of it after Mom spent a day in there! Notice Elfy and the pink unicorn snoozing away...

also, never clean... ok, kidding. But it's usually filled with about 100 loads of folded laundry... actually, I wanted you to see our new comforter. Still looking for curtains.

and our last BIG project... painting the very high stairwell! agggghhhh! I could not watch Ryan on the ladder!

Also, have a few more pictures to get printed off and added into the empty frames... and over time, we will have more frames added... we love seeing all our family when we go up and down a 100's a day!

Oh! we have to still hang THIS newspaper article in Ben's room... before you REDSOX fans get all "wah-wah-wah", you'll be happy to know the RAYS lost their first spring training game, 7-0. oh boy.

5 comments:

Al & Judy Melton said...

Awesome... Ben, you did a great job painting your room! We are proud of you :-)... love ya, papoo & grammy

Jennifer McGregor said...

ummm, Ben did NOT paint that room, and you know it!!!

Tracy said...

LOVE IT! I am so getting that sham for Ben ... do you want one or two? Maybe Grandma could make him a matching comforter!

Laurie said...

Awesome job! Looks fun!
Ben, can I sleep in there when I come sometime?

Laurie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.