Saturday, February 07, 2009

Sweet Moses!


So I ran by my parents house the other day... you know, to pick up the "Buggin' Out" bill that needed to be paid... and to get the chalk line thing we needed to use for our painting project in Ben's room. Carly reminded us the WHOLE WAY out there that GRAMMY had told her she could get TWO snacks when she went next time (guilt snacks, since they refuse to come home from Israel, and she's been missing them something terrible). As we were departing the Parental Homefront, by eyes caught on something in the garage. Of course, I had to bring it home. Shouldn't have been in the garage to begin with.



I mean, REALLY? Moses. In the garage. What is WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?!??! Have you no respect?! That statue has been in our family for YEARS. Seriously. And there he was, teetering on the edge of a shelf with napkins and paperplates that were on sale at Target 6 years ago. Clinging to his staff... which, I might add, COULD be used as a weapon, if needed. Fortunately, he has been rescued. Sweet Moses. Thank Goodness I showed up, right Mo?

Honestly, I should have put him right next to the statue of Dad and Uncle Ike-y hugging each other after a baseball game. Another Melton Classic.

4 comments:

Al & Judy Melton said...

Way to go Jen... Moses was your Christmas present for 2009... well at least now we don't have to wrap him up!

Jennifer McGregor said...

This is what you get for abandoning us in Israel. yes, we are bitter.

Tracy said...

You are TERRIBLE at picking things from their house. Moses? Really? You so should have taken the chest. Or the picture of the great grandparents. Call me next time you are out there and I will give you guidance, grasshopper.

Laurie said...

Jen,
You should come see what they left at my house! I can mail you stuff once a month if you like!