Sunday, March 01, 2009

Praying. 21st Century Style

Ok... so (no pictures today) I'm noticing an interesting phenomenon. I realize that by even MENTIONING this, I am totally going to look like a stalker, but bear with me... last month, my sister had this blog entry. Anyone who knows my darling look-alike, knows she loves other people's business. (Sweetie, it's true). So, my first thought was "Deep End". But I figured, I'd play along, and checked out Stranger Girl in Arkansas' blog. That blog lead me to this blog and before I knew it, I had 2 babies I was completely burdened to be praying for. I'll be honest. Felt a little uncomfortable being so worried over strangers (I SAID I WAS BEING HONEST!!!). But I felt compelled to go with it... so I prayed. A lot.



Did you take a minute to go to visit Kelly's blog that my sister mentioned? Do you know what she does? She has a blog. Do you know what she does with it? Talks about herself. Her baby. Her family. TV. Do you know what she REALLY does with it? She has this incredible ministry of reaching out to strangers and praying for them... particularly couples struggling with infertility, because she did, too. She posts links to other people's blogs. So the THOUSANDS of people (yes, you read that right!) who read HER blog will pray for them, too. Talk about a prayer chain. Welcome to the 21st Century.


I know this might be a little dramatic, but I'm going to put it out there anyways... I almost lost my son last month. It changed my life. Completely. I've decided that when God speaks, I think I will listen. Carefully. So, here's another little one to add to the list... want to be a part of something way bigger than your usual circle? Challenge ya to try it for a month... see if you don't learn something along the way...

1 comment:

Rochel said...

I can't hardly go to that site of Jonah's without crying...and hugging Eli so tight and thanking God for a healthy son. I am praying.