Wednesday, June 17, 2009

More RANDOM goodness... again.



This morning... Eli came over for a couple of hours to hang out with his favorite-people-with-a- really-big-HDTV.  I know everyone is SHOCKED to see ELI holding one of Ryan's SACRED ships.  Yup, I almost fell over when Ryan asked me to go get him one.  For Eli.  To Play With.  All brought on by Eli's great choice in clothing.  You'd think WE bought that shirt for him, but no, his mother did.  Nice work, Rochel!


Eli gets flying lessons from his Uncle.  Not picture would be Eli "playing" on the floor with a lone baseball.  MLB Regulation, of course, and a FINE toy for a baby... and I guess I COULD show you a picture of him watching TV with Ryan, but I think you get the picture.  Ha... no pun intended.  Really.


Brings us to yesterday... finally made it back to Coquina Beach and had a fun day with my parents, who are FINALLY back from being SomeWhereElse, which is where they ALWAYS are.  You can read about their recent travels to the Philippines HERE.  Anyways, (you knew there was a story, right?!)  While we were eating lunch (which, by the way, I would NOT recommend doing on a beach, I'm just saying) a possessed SeaGull swooped down, and grabbed, of all sandwiches, Ben's.  Did not go over well.  It's hard being 10 with Asperger's, and a notoriously healthy eater, and the ONE healthy thing your mother brought for your lunch was just consumed by a SeaGull, the 2nd dirtiest of birds.  Yes, we know statistics on birds... Pigeon. Because, I know someone is going to ask.  ANYWAYS.... later on, he came out of the waves for a snack and I looked over and my Very Efficient Boy was eating a granola bar in this fashion.  Smart.  


5 comments:

Rochel said...

I NEED those pictures :) so cute. Somehow a seagull eating a sandwhich should make it's way into our Christmas tradition....

Laurie said...

Very funny Ben... It worked didn't it!

Tracy said...

And, this is why I hate birds. Doesn't it make you proud when your boy outsmarts a seagull?!

MaranathaMom said...

We called them Winged Rats when I was growing up! Love your witty commentary, too, BTW!

--M, a friend of Rochel

Allana Martian said...

Funny boy, that Ben! Smart, too!