Ryan on the beach in Washington State. September 2007. It was our first time seeing the Pacific Ocean and we were both pretty emotional about it. It just seemed bigger than the Atlantic Coast. So vast. Endless. Our first thought was how much the kids would LOVE seeing it. So we are taking them this summer...
Ryan is a fantastic father. He won't love me saying this, and I know he won't agree, but he so completely shows Ben and Carly a picture of their Heavenly Father's love in his words and actions. He is consistent, and dedicated to showing them God... and he loves them. Completely. The words I wrote on this picture (www.picnik.com... love that site!) are from one of my favorite songs that we sing in church. At Easter time, I wrote out the words here. Good stuff...
Now the New Header...
Ben at Coquino Beach, last Sunday. We had this really fantastic day with my parents and Tracy and Torrey. We loved it so much, we are going back tomorrow. We went in the late afternoon and the sun was amazing over the water, as you can see. This picture has not been altered, except for the verse I added. When I run (you know, for a block...) I so often feel like I'm not good enough (I'm SO SLOW... and I STILL just stop!!) and I have been using that as an opportunity to be thankful that I CAN run, walk, move... And as I was watching Ben run around the beach, playing in the water with his cousin and sister, I just had to be so thankful that he CAN. We are blessed with wonderfully healthy kids. And after Ben's Birthday choking incident (yes, that event is STILL one of those life altering things for me, but in a completely good way), I am REALLY loving this verse. It is perfect with the picture of him in the depths of the ocean. And yes, while we were at the beach Sunday Ryan and I kept saying, "They are going to LOVE the Pacific Ocean!" Can't wait.
Today. Last day of school. Ready for a FUN summer!


1 comment:
Enjoy the Pacific... Wish I could go with you! Awesome picture!
Post a Comment