Saturday, February 13, 2010

Blog Header...

This header was inspired by Ben and the Wednesday night class at church.  That I haven't been able to attend because of work.  But I've been reading the book.  And getting alot out of it.

Anyways, chapter 6 is about Humility.  And there's a section about how we accomplish things because of the grace of God.  Which I could rattle off to you verbatim since I was a little kid, but did I really GET that, or just SAY it?  I spent some time thinking about it.  Yup, I need to work on that.  Rats.  Anyways, this verse really SHOUTED to me:

"But  by the Grace of God, I am what I am,
and His Grace to me was not without effect.
No, I worked harder than all of them
~ yet not I, but the Grace of God that was with me."
I Corinthians 15:10

So it occurs to me, I really need to be focussing on the "yet not I" part of that, and forget the "I worked harder than all of them" part.  I tend to ONLY remember that part, and NOT how "I" accomplished whatever it is...  

"... all that we have accomplished YOU have done for us"
Isaiah 26:12

It is definately easier for me to try and impress it on my kids (ie, at a swim meet!) than it is for me to actually practice in my own life.  Hmmm, always thankful for the gentle reminders of my deficiencies!  Ha! 

Anyways, you get why I picked the verse... and the picture is from last week's swim meet and it is just an example of an accomplishment... seriously, I could have put the finish line of the marathon, by beautiful children, my job, my marriage, or any number of accomplishments I think "I" did... with the reminder that it wasn't ME, it was HIM.   I'm happy to have a reminder, because I NEED reminders.  Lots of reminders.

2 comments:

Terre said...

Love your header!! Your comments are great too! We love you! Mom

Rochel said...

Pretty sure this blog header is my favorite you've done so far. Love it!