HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEN!!
Eleven. It doesn't seem possible that eleven years ago today, we were hearing "It's a BOY!" for the first time and then laughing with great joy over the amazing wonder of YOU. I have always said that you are so much like your Dad, but now, I am loving how much you are BEN. You are sweet and loving and so sensitive. I love it when you sit beside me and ask me if I'm ok. I love it that you still want to hold your Dad's hand in church... I love that you play with your sister, and make up Imaginary Games that you drag her along to play. I love it that our cat, Cassidy, thinks you are AMAZING. He hates everyone else, but lights up around you. I love it that you say, "Why does this cat follow me around?!?!?!" because it is just so YOU. I love how excited you are to spend time with "Just the Four of Us", helping us plan family adventures, and being SO enthusiastic about them! I love how much you ADORE your extended family... I've never seen a kid LOVE each one of their cousins so much (even if you don't want to TOUCH them!!) I love the sweet concern you have for them, and how you pick a different one to pray for each morning. I love the excitement you have over Aunts and Uncles, Grandparents... and the sweet tears you shed EVERY TIME we pull out of the driveway in Michigan to head for home, and the tears that fall when you tell me you miss Grammy and Papoo when they are away. Your heart is so tender, and your Dad and I are so happy to have peeled back the layers of it to reveal the True Ben inside. I love how smart you are, seeing things so many of us miss! I love that you are a Human GPS (hey, thanks for helping me get home last week when I got off the wrong exit!!) and know every highway, exit number, and restaurant from here to Michigan. It really does come in handy! I love to hear you talk about Levels of Mario with your Dad... the both of you going on and on, and Carly and I rolling our eyes! I love that! You are just the coolest kid, and seriously? We are so proud to be your parents!
As you continue to grow, we pray above all else, that your relationship with God will become deeper and deeper... we pray you will grasp a little tighter this year to the amazing truth that He loves you and died FOR YOU. We pray you will gain an even deeper understanding that EVERYTHING you accomplish is from Him... You have come so far in your little life, Ben! You have overcome great obstacles and are the most amazing little man because of it... and we love you!!!
"... all that we have accomplished, You have done for us"
Isaiah 26:12
We love you COMPLETELY,
Love, Mom and Dad
**photo from February 2002... age 3, and the year of the squeaky bug. Yes, it was Carly's toy... but he comandeered it.

2 comments:
Ben you are indeed amazing and we do love you so very much! Hope your birthday today is especially wonderful... Grammy and Papou
Oh, sweet Ben, you ARE one amazing boy ... and you will forever be my BEST birthday present EVER! I loved "my day" for so long, but, now I love it even more because it is "our day"! May you always know how much you are loved!
Post a Comment