Courage. That's what we saw today in Ben, at the Seniors Championship Meet in Orlando. We were so proud of him, and so overwhelmed watching him walk around the GIANT pool area surrounded by HUGE 15-16 year olds! HUGE. He looked so little. And so unafraid! He held his own, and afterwards said to us (with a little trembling in his voice!), "I'm pretty sure I was the littlest one there today!"... I asked him if he was scared, and he didn't say anything... then he finally said, "Umm, a little bit, when I was first on the block". Wow. Ryan and I were definately shaking in our boots for him! You can click HERE for pictures... Rochel took pictures for me, and so did my brother, but we haven't seen his yet. I was making a video:)
Ben got his 2nd best time for his portion of the 400free Relay they did... 1:17 (not sure of the hundreth seconds!)
Just another glimpse of the impressive pool with the high dives over the 17 foot deep pool. Ben was warming up in the lane closest to the diving boards.
Looking incredibly SMALL prior to the start of the relay!! Can you see "Little Ben" surrounded by his 3 LARGE teammates?!!! They are wearing white caps... Ben also got a blue cap prior to going that has our swim team logo and says "Championship Team". He can wear that cap at all the swim meets now! The coach gave them plain white ones to wear for their relay, and they decorated them with Sharpie markers and got some of the Olympic swimmers that were competing also, to autograph them!
Heading for lunch after the big race! I turn around in the car and see Carly has decorated herself. With her bagel wrapper from breakfast, and calmly sipping on her iced coffee! Mmmmmmm.
Our OWN Champion wasn't up for anymore pictures at lunch, so we took some of this cutie! We were hoping for some funny Lemon Pictures, but he didn't make any! He was happy to be fed by Uncle Ryan, though! Eli was SO good at the meet! No small feat, considering there were tons of people, not much room for his stroller, crazy steamy around the pool, and it was right before lunch time! He liked watching the swimmers go back and forth and splash!
(photo from my cell phone...) This is the shirt Ryan bought for Ben. They were heat pressing them on the pool deck! They put a star by Ben's name:)
So PROUD of you Ben!

No comments:
Post a Comment