Thursday, June 10, 2010

"LEE"ving on a jet plane... or in Mom's car. Whatever.

So, funny phenomenon with "Graduating" from Elementary School here.  The Clap Out.  On the last day of school, all grades Kingergarten to Fourth line the main hallway, then the 5th graders march out while a very sappy song plays over the PA system.  And the kids cry, and cry, and cry.  And I roll my eyes.... seriously, they are going to get stuck up in brain one of these days.  At last years Clap Out, we told Carly we'd pay her $5 if she didn't cry.  She made $5 that day.  Auntie Tracy, however, did not.  And said Auntie planned her trip to Florida to be present for the Clap Out this year, after witnessing it LAST year.  I can not make these things up.  Anyways, SHOUT OUT to Tracy for the GREAT pictures she took... I was INSIDE, and mine weren't so great.  Here's Ben.  NOT crying, and BOLTING out the doors of Lee Elem. School of Technology and World Studies... I'd say "For the last time", but his Dad works there, so he'll be back.  And back.  And back!!!





On the Main steps of the school are tiles that the art teacher made a few years ago when the school celebrated it's 100th year.  That was kind of a big deal here because there aren't too many "old schools" in our area.

She also painted each of the teacher's pictures....


(that says "McGregor" and "Media")

Last year, for a fundraiser, you could purchase a tile with your child's picture and they have started tiling the back steps of the school.... Of course we had to get them for our kids!!  Part of Lee forever.  Ha!





CONGRATULATIONS BEN!!!

1 comment:

Rochel said...

WAY TO GO BEN! Do I get $5.00 for not crying? :) Sorry we didn't make it there today. I ended up baking a cake with Louisa...Hope he's enjoying his 'way to go' cookies :) So proud of you!