Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Family Game Night, Chinese Style



Our Advent Activities continue....Sunday we had our swim team Christmas party...  Last night was watching A Charlie Brown Christmas special with popcorn.  We are REALLY big Charlie Brown fans here, so that one was a pretty big hit.  Tonight was family game night... Chinese Checkers.  And to make the night complete, we had Chinese food for dinner! Mmmmmmm.  Kids were happy to have Uncle Rodney over for the fun.  Ryan won the game.  We were all kind of THRILLED when he won.  Do you know how long it takes to play Chinese Checkers with 5 people?  Especially when one of them is more concerned with her Medieval Princess Garb?  (Ummm, that would be CARLY, not me!).

After the kids went off to bed, I found Ben in our room watching TV (he has a later bed time than his sister) and thought this was too cute not to share.  Our cat Cassidy, who you have heard me call the family-member-who-contributes-the-LEAST, LOVES Ben.  It's a little crazy since this cat hates to be messed with or handled (which we do ANYWAYS) ~ but he follows Ben around like a dog.  And when Ben goes to bed, this cat stays with him until morning.  I can't remember Ben ever even holding him, except for the first day he came to our house. (Cassidy, not Ben!)  Here's Ben and Cassidy...

 
You might need to click on the picture to appreciate the sweetness... Oh, and to my BFF Sue... notice the fine artwork in my bedroom.  Love it. 

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Miss you, miss your kids, miss Ryan, and I even miss your crazy cat!

Sue said...

That IS a very sweet pic of Ben and cassidy.

As for the art work, as hard as I worked on that piano one, it has to be on display at least until your 20th anniversary. I'll be okay if you take it down then.