Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Oh the weather outside....


Ok, we're from Florida.  I know what you are thinking... BEFORE Florida, you were from VERY cold places (like Michigan and New England...) But seriously?  I've lived in Florida longer than anywhere else, so I can say this:  Snow - Bad.  Warm weather - Good.   Feel free to enjoy a few frosty photos:


That's Grandma McGregor's house... next door to Ryan's parents.  Ryan spent his childhood "sneaking" over for treats, and I find myself doing the same for a cup of tea and some good stories.  And to my non-Michigan Immediate Family: YES.  Grandma asked about EACH of you by name. 


The mail box that received so many letters from me while Ryan and I were dating...  the days before email and cell phones with "free" long distance.




Road Trip Picture:  Because she's so cute.  Carly fell asleep with her birthday present and listening to, who else, The Chipmunks.  Yes, her bangs have been repaired by Aunt Randee.  As soon as I snapped this picture, I noticed her seatbelt BEHIND her.  You will be happy to know that, nap or not, this Seat Belt Nazi IMMEDIATELY woke her up and made her wear it correctly.  Free lecture included.  You are welcome, Carly!


If I don't look too closely, I can imagine this is the Bahamas.  And that it's warm.  Mmmmmm.... But really, it's the off the back porch, looking over the Family Fields... this afternoon.  Yup, as cold as it is, Michigan has fantastic sunsets! 

Special SHOUT OUT to my MOM today!  Thanks for your Labor of Love, 38 years ago!  In the words of your Chipmunk grand-daughter, YOU ROCK!  I love you!

3 comments:

Al & Judy Melton said...

No more complaining about the kids going to Grammy's House for snacks! They can't help it... it's in the genes! See it's YOUR fault Ryan!!!

Tracy said...

I knew Grandma would ask about me by name ... I just knew it! Give her a hug for me! Miss you ... but not the snow!

Steve said...

Jen's right Mom, it was a great labor of love, it was the second greatest thing you did! The first being the one you did on July 9th 1970!!! That's right Jen, even on your Birthday I'm here to remind you that I am Mom's favorite!