
What a night... it started off so good, too! EXTRA SPECIAL THANKS to my sweet sister-in-law Rochel, who called me several days ago to offer to bring dinner over for me tonight! You know, since I had ENOUGH to worry about the Night Before Vacation. Anyways, she made us this REALLY GREAT chicken pot-pie, which I'm hoping she will post the recipe for on her blog. So we can all enjoy it over and over! It was really the best one I've ever tasted. And she's so clever, too! So, Ryan sees it and immediately say, "Mmmmmmmm, Baked Alaska!" Of course!
Part 2 of our evening... well, Carly and Ben visited camp this afternoon for the ever popular "foam party". It was a huge hit last year, and they could not miss it! Afterwards, they all went swimming, where Carly proceeded to flip off the edge of the pool and smash head... of course, not telling anyone. Once she was home, I was trying to get her showered and for real, asked her if the girls at camp put red mousse in her hair! Oh boy. Then her head was really bleeding, and well, 3 hours later, we have returned from Pediatric After Hours Clinic with 3 staples in Little Miss' head. You know, since we had nothing else to do tonight.
Be careful, this picture is graphic:

Here are her staples... fortunately there was no head shaving needed since she got staples. That's her lovely hair with the shampoo NOT washed completely out.

Here's our brave, brave girl. Pretty anxious after the medical assistant told her she'd be getting staples in her head in 30 minutes after the numbing cream kicked in... who tells that to a 7 year old? On the way home, she got to get a Dairy Queen Blizzard, which she immediately wanted to share with her brother. That made me proud!
Also, Thanks Rochel for keeping Ben! That helped us a lot as both Ryan and I had to "assist" with restraining the Princess!
See you in 2 weeks!
4 comments:
Love ya Carly, see ya in the AM!
Hey ... she will have a matching scar in her head just like Torrey. Except Torrey got 4 staples if I remember correctly. And, luckily for Carly I know a really great nurse who can take out the staples!
Have a fun trip! Can't wait to hear all about it. I'm sure the pictures will be AMAZING!
Actually, I think Torrey might have gotten FIVE... That's how many staples I thought I took OUT of her head! Oh boy! Fortunately they were kind enough to provide me with a staple puller since we will be on vacation! I'll call you this afternoon, you know, before we have dinner in Los Angelos!
Yikes! Glad all ended well. Have a FABULOUS trip!!
Post a Comment