Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thorn in Carly's side...


... or in her left big toe.  It's out!  Turns out, that was no splinter.  I'm going with "thorn".  Poor girl, you know that had to hurt!  This morning I was able to press a little around the edges, and that crazy thing just rose (virtually on it's own!) right out of her toe!  Pretty weird and REALLY gross.  I'm a nurse.  I don't usually think things are gross.  All those hours in Grammy's foot bath really did work!  ANYWAYS, Little Miss is thorn-free and much happier.  Doesn't look like it's infected, so I'm happy about that, too... and you thought I was being dramatic about a "splinter"!! (Actually, WE thought SHE was being dramatic about a splinter...)  SORRY CARLY!!

2 comments:

Al & Judy Melton said...

Hey I KNOW that thorn was bigger than that! What did you do, shrink it? She was a brave girl... I think Grammy's pampering (aka spoiling) carried through this traumatic and dramatic time...

Steve said...

And Dad wanted to amputate her toe for that thorn! Poor lil Carly! It is a good thing I was there to protect her!