Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Seasons of change...



The Process of our Living Room... has another chapter. The bookcase we got from Ikea! Ryan put it together for me with relative ease:) Now I am in the process of adding treasures to it... I prefer not to have something out just because it's cute (although that happens a lot, too!), and so far the pictures on the top are really meaningful to me.

LOVE the picture on the top left "To everything there is a season" (I got it at Ross!!) I love Ecclesiastes 3, and the sweet reminder that while there is a time to weep, there is also a time to laugh! Isn't that encouraging? And I also love the fact that if you read FURTHER, "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men..."... and also v14, which you can look up yourself, just for fun! This picture reminds me of all this, and mostly to DIG DEEPER, read FURTHER.

The picture on the far right is the Oregon Coast, which we all know was super special to all of us! LOVED the time I spent with our family there... we just made so many special memories.

The picture of Ben and Great Grandma Tuinstra. I think of so much when I look at it... Ben RELAXED for once! A reminder of a SWEET day with Grandma, where she remembered Ryan and that Ben and Carly were his kids ~ it was really precious. Grandma's hands, so visible, so loving... so often folded in prayer for US, daily in fact. The sweet little smile on Grandma's face... and how she wanted to hug Ben that day, and a reminder of how she hauled Carly up into her lap in the chair to snuggle her. And finally, a reminder of Where she is today. Where's she's wanted to be her whole life. I had the black and white printed for our stairwell, but decided I needed it to be much more visible to everyone.

So far, The Shelf is also holding our collection of scrapbooks, and Ryan's prized Peanuts Books collection (not on the shelves when I took the picture...) and a picture of Ben and Carly and Torrey at the beach this summer (who DOESN'T need to be reminded of the carefree days of summer and the relaxing beach and your best buds??!)


and a picture of Eli that Rochel just gave us. And Cassidy. HA!


Oh! And here's what we did this weekend!!!! We were relying on Mom's pictures, so I figured you might was well just check out Rochel's update!


4 comments:

Mother of three said...

so apparently us texas and michigan folks didn't make it to your shelves yet....hmmmm

love the shelves, we have two sets of them.

Tracy said...

Go back and take a picture of the pictures on the top ... love, love, love the shelves. They look great with the wall color! Got to love Ikea ... especially if you find your way OUT of there (which is why they have footprints for you to follow and meatballs ... just in case you get lost in there for days!

Laurie said...

I absolutely love the shelves. But the "season" picture drives me crazy because the swing is going the wrong way and there is something weird with the door.... :) Doesn't match my need for orderliness. Looks like Cassidy has a new perch. You should put it on his blog! The shelves look great with the color and decor of the room.

Laurie said...

Nevermind, wrong picture... I like that one! The colors in it match nice with both the bookshelf and the room.