Monday, November 02, 2009

Shameless Solicitation

... well, since I'm NOT homeschooling, we have another fundraiser to solicit for... hopefully the last of the year.

Read Around the World. That's right, a Read-A-Thon. Now, Ben has decided NOT to participate ("I read anyways!!" So this makes NO SENSE to him...) so this one's for CARLY! Last year, she won a trophy for the Highest Donations Received in her classroom. All she had to say THIS year was, "I'm working for another trophy!" HA! You might be wondering WHY you never heard about this LAST year... well, her ONE and ONLY donation was $20 from her mother who felt very guilty for NOT encouraging her daughter in the Read-A-Thon by soliciting pledges from all her friends and family. Ironic, since her FATHER is a Librarian!

Here's how this works:

IF you choose to participate and help Carly get a trophy (I mean, help raise money for the school... ALL money collected goes RIGHT to the school, so this is a 100% profit fundraiser!!) then just email me what your preferences are. You can sponsor her for a certain amount per book read (and for Kindergarten to 2nd Graders, "one non-chapter book" or "one chapter" of a chapter book = one book) or give a flat one-time donation. Would you like a Guess at how many she'll read? MMmmmmmm, I'm going to ballpark it at 20.

That's all... EMAIL ME... you know, for CARLY!!!!


No comments: