Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Girl's Night Out... with Eli



I'm patiently waiting for Rochel to post Birthday Party Pictures so I can do a weekly update post.


While I wait... Ryan's parents came to visit this past weekend. Truth be told, they came for Eli's First birthday party, but we stole them to stay at our house. I came up with some excuse about Helping Rochel Out since she's packing. Ha! Silly girl fell for it! So, Ryan decided he wanted to take his Dad to see the Orlando Magic game (because they were playing the Piston's) for HIS birthday (Dad's, not Ryan's...) so the boys took off for Orlando Friday afternoon. That left The Girls! Well, and Eli, since he's somewhat attached to his mama. Anyways, Carly and I and Rochel, Eli and Mom did a little Christmas shopping... and had a little fun at JoAnn's, too! (which brought about the Quote for the week... see sidebar on left) But my favorite funny moment was Rochel showing us her new refrigerator at hhgregg. She hugged it. Yup, and while she was embracing it, the salesman came around the corner. Might have been even funnier hearing her try to EXPLAIN why she was hugging it. HA! It is a pretty nice icebox, I must say. We had a yummy dinner at the Macaroni Grill (mmmmmm), then went home to get the "Little Ones" to bed (that would be Carly and Eli). While sitting around my living room with The Girls was so fun and refreshing (you know, AFTER the kids were in bed!), my favorite part of the night was this:


Carly getting to hang out on Ben's bed/Grandma's bed, reading to her Grandma. It was really sweet... she was happy to "show off" how she raised ALL THAT MONEY for the Read-A-Thon!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Best picture ever. Miss that little girl and her spunky ways ... which brings to the next question. How many things did you buy her from the dollar section, oh Beautiful One?

Laurie said...

This picture of Carly reading to her grandmother is precious. But she looks so young that I had a hard time figuring out who she was.