Perhaps you remember the Original Gum Madness... Well, this week brought MORE gum madness, among other fun events. Why not start with this fun story... even though it's Out of Order:
So, Saturday. Carly is rummaging through kitchen drawers in my mom's house. (They got home from Israel the day before... told you it was Out of Order!) I say, "What are you doing?" Carly says, "Ummmm. Nothing". Carly runs out of the kitchen... past me, where it occurs to me her hair is a DISASTER. I tell her to go brush her hair. (you've heard me say how distracted I get, right?!!) As soon as she's out of the room, I look at my mom. "Hmmmm. 'Nothing' ALWAYS means 'Something'. Know how I know this? She's a GIRL. GIRL's ALWAYS say 'nothing' when 'something' is REALLY up..." There sits my mom. Giggling away. I follow Carly into my mom's bathroom where she is busily brushing her hair. Gum and all. In her hair. Oh boy. Front of her hair. Completely stuck. You know, because it's been BRUSHED in. (oh, by the way, with my DAD's hairbrush) "MOM??!!!!!!!!! (that would be ME yelling, not Carly!) Do you have any scissors?!?!" Little Voice Under my Arms says, "No, she doesn't have any, I just looked...." Ahhh, the Nothing we were Looking for. THANKFULLY Carly couldn't find the scissors or the few snips I had to do to get the gum out, would have been a Full Blown Bowl Cut, I'm sure. And we would have been flying Aunt Randee down for an Emergency Hair Fix. Which wouldn't have been so bad because I could really use some highlights.
Perhaps I should have started the above story with the PREVIOUS conversation of Carly asking ME for gum. I said no, and she asked Grammy. And we all know what Grammy said.
MY PARENTS ARE BACK! Safe and sound. For a week, anyways, until they take off again. We had a fun Friday Night with them, eating dinner and drinking COFFEE and eating ice cream cake! Mmmmmmmm. Ben and Carly got to spend the night, and I'm sure ate more ice cream for breakfast!
Saturday Night (Halloween) we had an excellent time at a Fall Festival Party with much of our Church Family. Still unable to have it where our church is located due to the ongoing construction of our new building... One of the elders in our church hosted it at his home and it was so much fun! Forgot my camera, so you will have to refer to Rochel for pictures... thankfully she caught my Superheroes along with her own! Ben and Carly didn't dress up for this party ONLY because there were going to jumping houses there, and well, being Darth Vader would REALLY have gotten in the way of jumping! Please let the record show that BEN won First Place in the kids Potato Sack Race... There was only a prize for the family race (um, which we DID NOT win... hey, have YOU tried to hop in a potato sack? The Brady Bunch we are NOT, apparently). Anyways, my Race Star was pretty sad not to get a little recognition for his Fine Hopping, so here it is, Ben! Great Job! Unfortunately, Rochel had to leave early with Over Tired Eli, so that left ME to fill in on her singing parts in the Blue Grass Throw Down... Um, I don't know any Blue Grass songs. So that's how that went... but RYAN filling in with our friend Kyle was VERY ENTERTAINING. Any opportunity to make people laugh, I guess.
Oh, one last thing... The MAGIC are back! That's right. Just when I thought it was safe to start watching TV in my living room again (you know, since Baseball Season is over)... it's basketball season! We kicked off Opening Night with a little chinese food to celebrate (mostly I didn't want to cook after working all night!!! you know, and NOT sleeping enough!!) and enjoyed watching (Dwight Howard) the Magic win!! Some day the kids and I will be able to watch iCarly somewhere OTHER than gathered around the very small TV in my bedroom! HA!
5 comments:
Perhaps you just need a bigger TV in the bedroom.
SO sorry we missed the sack race...and you guys singing :) I'm sure it was entertaining.
Hey, maybe we should see if we can get tickets to a Magic game on Friday night when I come. Glad you didn't have to cut more than a few snips. I don't miss those days!
Totally cracked me up ... good thing she didn't notice the GIANT shears (did that word make you miss Grammy?!) in the knife thingy. I'm thinking she needs a gumball machine for her birthday.
Tracy... it was the giant shears she was looking for in the "knife thingy" ... fortunately they were hiding in the garage at the moment...
Post a Comment